Epic Games is now deploying the new Fortnite Update v17.40 and we have the full list of patch notes for you to read through. This patch is expected to bring several new updates to Fortnite Battle Royale, Save The World and Creative. Among the new features, Wonder Woman is expected to launch tomorrow as well.
You should be able to download and install this Fortnite Update v17.40 (PS4 Update 3.26) as soon as the servers come back online. The maintenance is expected to last about an hour, but stay tuned to this page as we will update the progress here. Everything you need to know regarding this patch has been covered in the full release notes.
Fortnite Update v17.40 Patch Notes
Here are the complete patch notes for Fortnite Update v17.40:
FORTNITE BATTLE ROYALE V17.40 UPDATE: WILD WEEKS RETURN WITH SNEAK WEEK!
Sent to the Hot Saucers mailing list:
After the Aliens debuted their Prop-ifiers last week, the IO may be fighting stealth with stealth — they’re removing a number of the Island’s weapons and replacing them with suppressed versions. And to make things even more stealthy, the Aliens are actually increasing Prop-ifier production…
See the attached file on what we expect to be a very unusual week (a “Wild Week,” if you will).
📂 SNEAK WEEK: THE FIRST INVASION WILD WEEK
The invasion is reaching its climatic conclusion as new tactics are being deployed weekly to turn the tide. Starting Thursday of this week, every Epic+ Pistol, Epic+ Assault Rifle, and all Bolt-Action Sniper Rifles will be replaced with their stealthy variants: Suppressed Pistols, Suppressed Assault Rifles, and Suppressed Sniper Rifles.
To avoid being seen as well as heard, the Aliens are countering this by deploying more Prop-ifiers across the Island. And in keeping up with trends, more vendors are supplying Prop Disguise services. Combine the sneakiness of a Prop Disguise with the silent precision of a Suppressed Sniper Rifle and the enemy won’t know what hit ‘em!
Sneak Week also comes with a Legendary Quest chain related to the week’s theme, so jump in and earn extra XP!
📂 MORE WILD WEEKS COMING!
Based on Alien and IO behavior, it looks like this is just the beginning: each Thursday until the end of the invasion, a new Wild Week and accompanying Legendary Quest chain will debut that’s sure to shake up your strategy.
Message interception from The Bridge.
NEW MODE: IMPOSTORS!
v17.40 introduces the new mode Impostors. Ensure the safety and security of The Bridge — the IO’s top secret facility — as an IO Agent… or sabotage the Imagined Order from within as a hidden Impostor.
In Impostors, players will take on the role of Agents or Impostors stationed at The Bridge. Complete Assignments like calibrating llamas and delivering Storm reports, but keep an eye out for anyone untrustworthy, because the Impostors will be sabotaging and eliminating anyone in their path. Report any dubious behavior and vote out who you think’s an Impostor, but be careful not to choose incorrectly.
Impostors is available as a public match or with a private party sized four to ten. With danger around every corner, trust nobody…
Message interception end.
📂 FILE ON THE BURST PULSE RIFLE
First there was Doctor Slone’s special Pulse Rifle, but now another variant has appeared. Did the Aliens take the tech and add their own improvements? The Alien “Kymera” is selling the Burst Pulse Rifle, a Pulse Rifle that fires two-round bursts when aiming down sights and has a bigger clip size.
On a side note, if you do decide to approach Kymera, could you get a few pictures?
CORAL CASTLE CHAOS
After a crater’s been left in the place of Slurpy Swamp, the Mothership has moved on to its next victim: Coral Castle. As with Slurpy Swamp during its abduction, head to Coral Castle to battle in the Mothership’s low-gravity tractor beam — hopping from one uprooted part of the POI to another.
The Aliens calculated that Coral Castle will take the same amount of time to abduct as Slurpy Swamp, so keep coming back during the week to see how things have changed.
MAJOR BUG FIXES
- Fixed a Preferred Item Slots issue involving double item slot items, such as the Chug Cannon, moving to the incorrect slots when the player picked up a new item.
- Fixed an issue involving Cosmic Chests being unopenable if a player had left the team during the match.
- Fixed an issue that caused us to disable Prop Disguise services from vendors. These are now re-enabled.
- Please note that the Sneak Week Wild Week and Burst Pulse Rifle are not present in competitive playlists.
FORTNITE CREATIVE: HALLOWEEN CALLOUT
An Otherworldly Celebration!
We’re on the lookout for Welcome Hubs capturing the spirit (and spirits) of the calendar’s most frightful month. We’ll also be on the lookout for your creepiest Halloween Island submissions. Choose from your favorite Halloween-themed props and be on the lookout for more content in a future update.
Important: Be sure to read our Featured Hub design guidelines before sending in your submission.
HALLOWEEN CANDY CONSUMABLES
Halloween isn’t complete without treats and we’re bringing new candy consumables that provide a variety of effects. All treats, no tricks!
- Halloween candies
- Candy Corn: Gradually recovers 10 HP.
- Hop drop: Recovers 5 HP and Provides low gravity effect.
- Jelly Bean: Recovers 10 Shield.
- Peppermint: Recovers 5 HP and provides a speed buff.
- Thermal Taffy: Recovers 5 HP and provides Thermal vision.
Candy is great, but it’s better with friends around the campfire! With Fall around the corner, keep warm with the new Campfire! With a bunch of new customizable options (as well as prop-based placement) you can decide whether players have to huddle together for warmth or have freedom to dance around the fire.
Read more details on the Campfire in the Device Updates section below and on the Fortnite Creative Documentation website.
PREFAB & GALLERY UPDATES
- Invasion Purple Birch Trees were added to the Invasion Nature Gallery.
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed an issue with the Small Pool from the Invasion Prop Gallery dropping the wrong resource material.
- Fixed an issue with the wooden floors from the Invasion Graffiti Gallery dropping the wrong resource material.
- Fixed a player collision issue with the flower hedges from the Princess Castle Foliage Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with some assets from the Invasion Nature Gallery not properly highlighting when selected with the phone tool.
- Fixed an issue with highly emissive neon props from the Ring Gallery.
- Added Slurp Mushroom to the Consumables gallery.
- Added Inflate-A-Bull to the Consumables gallery.
- Added Plasma Cannon to the Weapons gallery.
- Added Alien Nanites to the Weapons gallery.
- Should be in the Consumables gallery and will be moved there in a future release.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players from another team to enter a team’s vehicle.
- Fixed an issue with the Mutator Zone that prevented the Railgun from dealing damage.
- Fixed an issue that caused the flashlight to cast a solid black shadow.
- Fixed an issue with vehicle radios not working properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused vehicles to not damage each other correctly.
- Fixed an issue that caused holograms to have collision.
- Fixed an issue with the Rift-To-Go being placed in the wrong preferred slot.
- Added the Campfire device.
- This replacement for the old Cozy Campfire comes with a number of improvements and customization options.
- The new Campfire is a prop-based device rather than a trap-based device like the old Cozy Campfire.
- The old Cozy Campfire has been retired from the Device Gallery but will still spawn on islands on which they have been placed.
- This device has the following options:
- Start Lit: Yes, No (Default: No) – determines the state of the Campfire at game start.
- Can Be Lit: Yes, No (Default: Yes) – determines whether players can light the Campfire by interacting with it.
- Time To Light: 0.5 seconds, 1 second, 1.5 seconds, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, 4 seconds, 5 seconds, 7.5 seconds, 10 seconds (Default: 1 second) – determines the length of interaction required to light the fire.
- Can Be Extinguished: Yes, No (Default: Yes) – determines whether players can extinguish the Campfire by interacting with it.
- Time To Extinguish: 0.5 seconds, 1 second, 1.5 seconds, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, 4 seconds, 5 seconds, 7.5 seconds, 10 seconds (Default: 1 second) – determines the length of interaction required to extinguish the fire.
- Heal Zone Size: 50%, Default, 150%, 200%, 300% (Default: Default)
- Health Per Tick: 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 50, 75, 100 (Default: 2) – determines how much health is restored each second to players within the Heal Zone.
- Enabled During Phase.
- Uses Wood: Yes, No (Default: No) – Determines whether the campfire required wood to stay lit.
- When the campfire is unlit and out of wood, interacting with the device will consume up to the Max Wood Capacity from the interacting player’s inventory.
- Wood Consumption Per Tick: 0.1, 0.2, 0.25, 0.5, 1, 5 (Default: 1) – determines how much wood is consumed by the campfire each second while lit.
- Max Wood Capacity: 10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180, 210 (Default: 30) – determines the maximum amount of wood that can be added to the campfire.
- Starting Wood: 10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180, 210 (Default: 30) – determines the amount of wood that is in the campfire at game start.
- Wood To Add On Trigger: 5, 10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120,150, 180, 210 (Default: 10) – determines the amount of wood added to the campfire when Add Wood When Receiving On is triggered.
- Interacting Team
- Interacting Team Options
- These two values determine which teams can interact with the Campfire.
- Affected Team
- Affected Team Options
- These two values determine which teams can be healed by the campfire.
- Interacting Class
- Affected Class
- These values determine which Class can interact with and be healed by the campfire.
- Light When Receiving On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – lights the fire when receiving a signal from the selected channel.
- Extinguish When Receiving On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – extinguishes the fire when receiving a signal from the selected channel.
- Add Wood When Receiving On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – adds the amount of wood specified in Wood To Add On Trigger when receiving a signal from the selected channel.
- When Lit Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – sends a signal on the selected channel when the fire is lit.
- When Extinguished Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – sends a signal on the selected channel when the fire is extinguished.
- When Entering Area Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – sends a signal on the selected channel when a player enters the healing zone of the campfire.
- When Leaving Area Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – sends a signal on the selected channel when a player leaves the healing zone of the campfire.
- On Campfire Pulse Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – sends a signal on the selected channel with every healing tick while lit.
- On Player Pulsed Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – sends a signal on the selected channel for each player affected (with that player as the instigator) with every healing tick while lit.
- Added new options to the Speaker device.
- The new options allow sounds to be played only for specific players and to allow sounds to play at the player location.
- Also added some new spooky sounds to the device.
- Can Be Heard By: Everyone, Instigators Only, Non-Instigators Only (Default: Everyone) – determines which players can hear the sounds played by the device.
- Play At Location: Device, Instigator (Default: Device) – determines whether the sounds from this device are played from the device itself or from the location of the registered instigators.
- Register Player When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – registers the player as an instigator to the device.
- Unregister Player When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel) – removes the player as an instigator from the device.
- Added new values and options to the Tracker device.
- Stat to Track: Score
- Target Value: Various value intervals up to 10,000
- Added new options to the Air Vent device.
- Enable SFX: Enable, Disable (Default: Enable) – determines whether to play sound effects from the device, irrespective of visibility.
- Enable VFX: Enable, Disable (Default: Enable) – determines whether to show VFX on the device, irrespective of visibility.
- Added a new option to the Color Changing Tile device.
- Allows access to a new tile style – Disco Floor.
- Appearance: Concrete, Disco (Default: Concrete).
- Added new options to the Shooting Gallery targets.
- Enable When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel)
- Disable When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel)
- When Hit Transmit On: No Channel, 1-250 (Default: No Channel)
- Added some new spooky themed tracks to the Radio device.
- Race Manager has received a UI update that improves readability and provides better support for team-specific racing paths.
- Fixed an issue that caused Barriers to eliminate players who were standing on them when they activated.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to build over a barrier.
- Fixed an issue with the visibility settings on the UFO spawner.
- Fixed an issue with the Ball Spawner device physics.
- The ‘Apply To’ setting now works correctly with the Visual Effect Powerup device
- Fixed an issue with Creature Spawners that caused them to stop spawning after a period of time.
- Fixed an issue with Cube Fiends that caused them to not move when first spawned.
- Sword in the Stone ‘vanish’ FX now only play during gameplay, not in Create mode.
- Sword in the Stone no longer places an unwanted sword as soon as it is selected from the quick bar.
The Hit the Road venture season is scheduled to end September 4. Collect this season’s rewards and keep revving it up in those Blasted Badlands!
In the last Homebase Status Report, we discussed changes around Grenade based perks as part of our effort to improve underperforming/underutilized Hero Perks and abilities.
Here is Major Oswald with an update on our next round of changes for Goin’ Constructor!
“Goin’ Constructor has always been near and dear to our hearts, but it has some serious drawbacks. So gather round’ recruits, we’ve put Homebases’ Constructors through the ringer! Today, we reveal that the fruits of our labor have made a major impact on the Goin’ Constructor Hero ability.
Before, once you started Goin’ Constructor, you couldn’t really uhhh… “un-go” Constructor. Well now you can cancel the Goin’ Constructor activation whenever you please, givin’ you more versatility with the ability in case you get swarmed. When the Goin’ Constructor ability ends, it now knocks back nearby enemies, givin’ you plenty of time to escape.
Note: This cancellation doesn’t apply to other, “similar” abilities… YET!
When raised, the shield now applies a taunt, similar to D.E.C.O.Y to lesser enemies (non Mist Monsters). Taunting Husks will make them focus less on tearing down your precious structures/allies and more on pickin’ a fight with you instead. Teamwork is key here. Let’s just hope yer fellow Commanders help you out for takin’ on the brunt of the Husks.
We’ve also added some more defensive power! Commanders now gain a massive armor boost while Goin’ Constructor is active (now 75, previously 0) and an even bigger boost when taunting (an additional 675armor). This new armor boost also defends against attacks from all directions, rather than the previous front facing direction.
And finally, we’ve reduced the energy cost of Grenades back down to the previous 30 Energy Cost. Thank you to all Commanders who have been providin’ us with feedback.
Now get out there, show the Husks the meanin’ of a Tank, and start smashin’ and blastin’ away!”
– Major Oswald
Thanks as always, Major. Now back to our regularly scheduled report.
Homebase Status Report… Initiate!
COMING AUGUST 21 (8 PM ET) – TACTICAL ASSAULT SLEDGEHAMMER ROLLS INTO THE ITEM SHOP AND BEAT BOT HITS THE ROAD!
TACTICAL ASSAULT SLEDGEHAMMER LEADS THE ATTACK
“Breach in 3, 2, 1…” – Sledgehammer
- Standard Perk: Assault Crit Damage
- Increase Assault and SMG Critical Damage by 75%
- Commander Perk: Assault Crit Damage
- Increase Assault and SMG Critical Damage by 225%
BEAT BOT HITS THE ROAD
Help Beat Bot make his way to the Radio Station to broadcast his Song of the Summer. Load up the van and gather your group because it’s time to Hit the Road! The following modifiers will be active:
- Frenzied – Enemies move and attack 25% faster
- Slowing Pools – Eliminated enemies spawn a pool that slows Commanders
- Quickshot – Ranged weapons do more damage and reload faster
- Sprinters – Commanders have increased movement speed
Completing this quest will unlock Gold, Tickets, and the 2019 Hit the Road Loading Screen.
2019 Hit the Road Loading Screen
COMING AUGUST 28 (8 PM ET) – HOT MIX SHOOTS TO THE TOP OF THE EVENT STORE
Drop some fierce beats with the Hot Mix Pistol! Fire a pair of Sonic Blasts that pierce enemies.
THE FORTNITE LOK-BOT PACK
“Yaaay!” – Lok
Imagine, if you will, an oven bot and the places he will go. Grab the Lok-Bot Pack, available until September 4!
The Lok-Bot Pack brings a new Hero and Outfit, the Lok Blok Backbling, Lok Pick Pickaxe, the Lok-Bot Challenges, and access to Save the World. These exclusive Save the World challenges will earn you 1,000 V-Bucks and 1,000 X-Ray Tickets. Note:Lok’s signature sonorous voice pack is unavailable.
The Cosmetic items of this Pack will be shared through Battle Royale, Save the World and Creative game modes. This new Pack series will have no impact on existing Founder daily login rewards or their V-Bucks earned, which is exclusive to early access Founders. These outfits may appear in the item shop in the future.
Hey… Does anyone else hear a guitar riff, or is it just me? Seems like another one of Homebases’ own is working on Bringing Down the House.
Well we’ll worry about that later. Thank you for joining us for this edition of the Homebase Status Report.
Catch you in the Blasted Badlands, Commanders!
There are several expected bug fixes to be addressed in this Fortnite v17.40 patch:
Battle Royale Issues
- Unable to proceed in Free Guy Quest chain.
- Prop Disguise services temporarily disabled.
- Cannot open Cosmic Chest if a player left the team.
- Preferred Item Slots: Chug Cannon moving to incorrect slots.
- Barrier Device Issues Summary.
- Latency issues on XL Islands.
- Creative Island images may reset to the original thumbnail image.
- Match Making Portal Slow to Update.
Save The World Issues
- Wrong Event Ticket displayed on the Beyond Stellar Horizons quest.
- Certain items do not count towards players “Search Anything” objective during re-supply mission.
Fortnite is now available on the PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, Android and iOS platforms. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.