Clash of Clans is now receiving the much anticipated Autumn 2020 update and here are all the patch notes you should know about. Like every new update, there have been lots of new features, adjustments and new troops added to the game. This entire update is mostly about the two new Super Troops, Town Hall 13 new levels for villages and updates to Supercell ID.
The new Super Troops added to the game are Super Valkyrie and Super Minion. As for the Town Hall 13 content, Supercell has added more Building and Troop levels as these new levels provide more upgrade opportunities for maxed players. You can read more about these upgrades in the Autumn 2020 update patch notes below.
In case you missed it, the final dates have already been announced for the Clash of Clans World Championship 2020.
Autumn 2020 Update Patch Notes
So here is the long list of patch notes for the Clash of Clans Autumn 2020 update:
In the Autumn Update, two new Super Troops have been introduce: the Super Valkyrie and the Super Minion!
Super Troops Cooldown
With this update, Clash of Clans is removing the 7-day cooldown after you have used any Super Troops! Therefore, you are now able to use the same Super Troop consecutively without having to wait the 7-day period that was previously required.
As the roster of Super Troops grows, this will incentivize players to try out new combinations and exciting new meta changes without having to wait the previous 7-day period.
New Town Hall 13 Content
With the Autumn Update, the team is also adding additional Building and Troop levels, as well as releasing more Walls for Town Hall 13 players to upgrade.
Not only do these new levels provide more upgrade opportunities for maxed players, an additional level to Army Camps will be sure to stir the metagame in new and exciting ways!
|Defense||Level||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||DPS||HP|
|Archer Tower||19||16M Gold||16d||134||1600|
|Hidden Tesla||12||16.5M Gold||17d||140||1200|
The Supercell ID team has been hard at work, adding a few new, community-requested features to improve the usability of the Supercell ID.
- You can now custom name each of your Supercell ID accounts.
- Ability to add profiles and profile pictures – time to find that best kitty photo!
- Friends list – You can now add friends to your Supercell ID account and play with them across all Supercell games.
- You can now see who on your friend’s list is online and what Supercell game they are currently playing
Quality of Life Improvements & Game Changes
With each update, the Clash of Clans team try to include as many Quality of Life (QOL) improvements to make the game even more enjoyable. In this Autumn 2020 update, they are introducing a ton of QOL improvements and bug fixes! With so many changes, we’ve broken them down by category so check them out below!
Age Verification for New Accounts
- New accounts in the United States created after the release of this update will be asked to enter their age in the game. Players under the age of 16 will be identified as a young account and will have the following features:
- Supercell ID will be unavailable. We hope to introduce a young player-compatible version of Supercell ID in a future update.
- Clan’s with younger players will have a more strictly moderated Clan Chat. Profanity and personally identifiable information will be removed when detected in the Clan Chat channel.
- Players will be given a confirmation pop-up if a link tries to take them outside of the game.
- Once the player reaches 16 years of age, the above features will be removed.
- Heroes will now always guard the village and will automatically heal after taking a defense. The Guard toggle has now been removed.
- The battle will no longer end prematurely if the Siege Barracks is the final remaining unit.
- Beta Minion’s AI improved to reduce randomness of their starting attack position.
- Clock Tower Boost will no longer pause during maintenance as maintenance will not affect the Builder Base’s progress.
- New tech added to skin functionality to allow cooler, wilder special effects like customized spawned troops, attack hits, smoke effects, etc.
- Fixed visual fidelity to correct weapons incorrectly clipping into the game geometry.
- The “For You” tab has been removed. The “Community” tab provides up-to-date content by the Clash Content Creators with useful strategy videos and helpful guides.
- The game engine can now render multiple spell effects at once (combinations of Heal, Jump, Rage, Poison, Invisibility, Haste, Eternal Tome, Freeze, Frost, Clone, Stun, Shrink, etc.).
- The option to have a 5-minute preparation time and 45-minute Wars has been added.
As part of an ongoing and endless pursuit to make Clash of Clans the best battle game ever, we are constantly analyzing game balance to ensure the game remains fair, yet challenging. In this update we are introducing a few rounds of balancing to Troops and Defenses.
- Wall Breakers
- Wall Breakers will now be able to use Jump Spell
- Wall Breakers AI has been improved for greater target consistency and reduces the chance of them attacking different Wall segments when deployed.
- Some attack damage has been shifted to the Wall Breakers death damage to make them more predictable and viable, assuming max Laboratory level for your respective Town Hall level:
- 1x Raged Wall Breaker will destroy a Wall.
- 2x Wall Breakers will destroy up to a level 9 Wall (TH9 and below).
- 3x Wall Breakers will destroy a level 10+ Wall (TH9 and up).
- 6x Wall Breakers can destroy a level 10+ Wall (TH9 and up) if they die in proximity.
- Please refer to the table below for the updated Wall Breaker damage stats. NOTE: All damage versus Walls have a 40x damage multiplier.
|Level||Hit Damage||Death Damage|
- Inferno Dragon
- Inferno Dragon’s beam will no longer heat up while flying; however, the charge-up time for higher damage levels has been reduced.
- Siege Barracks
- To give Wizards a little bit of breathing room and comply with international Clash labor laws, the Level 4 Siege Barracks Wizards have been reduced from 12 to 11.
- Electro Dragon
- Electro Dragon’s chain lightning will now prefer targets with the highest hit points if multiple targets are equidistant.
- Super Archer
- Super Archer will no longer miss targets within 0.1 tiles of her.
- Flying Unit AI
- Improved the AI for all flying units by not forcing them to retarget when a Hidden Tesla appears when their current target is better.
- Air Defense
- Level 8 Air Defense (TH10) hit points have been increased by 10 HP, making them more resistant to Lightning Spell strikes.
- Skeleton Spell
- The number of Skeletons spawned at each level has been increased by 1 Skeleton.
Upgrade Times and Costs
We have reduced upgrade times and costs for multiple Dark Elixir troops. For the full list of changes refer to the tables below!
|Troop||Level||Old Upgrade Time||New Upgrade Time||Old Upgrade Cost||New Upgrade Cost|
|Minion||2||3d||2d||10,000 DE||10,000 DE|
|3||3.5d||2.5d||20,000 DE||15,000 DE|
|4||4d||3d||30,000 DE||20,000 DE|
|5||5.5d||4d||40,000 DE||30,000 DE|
|6||7.5d||5d||50,000 DE||40,000 DE|
|7||11.5d||7.5d||140,000 DE||90,000 DE|
|8||14d||14d||180,000 DE||180,000 DE|
|9||15.5d||15.5d||250,000 DE||250,000 DE|
|Hog Rider||2||3.5d||2.5d||20,000 DE||15,000 DE|
|3||4d||3d||30,000 DE||20,000 DE|
|4||4.5d||3.5d||40,000 DE||25,000 DE|
|5||6d||4.5d||50,000 DE||35,000 DE|
|6||7.5d||5.5d||60,000 DE||50,000 DE|
|7||11.5d||8d||150,000 DE||100,000 DE|
|8||14d||12d||200,000 DE||180,000 DE|
|9||14d||14d||240,000 DE||240,000 DE|
|10||16d||16d||280,000 DE||280,000 DE|
|Valkyrie||2||4d||3.5d||40,000 DE||25,000 DE|
|3||5.5d||4d||50,000 DE||30,000 DE|
|4||6.5d||4.5d||60,000 DE||35,000 DE|
|5||8d||6d||70,000 DE||60,000 DE|
|6||11.5d||8.5d||150,000 DE||110,000 DE|
|7||14d||14d||190,000 DE||190,000 DE|
|8||16d||16d||260,000 DE||260,000 DE|
|Golem||2||4d||3.5d||50,000 DE||30,000 DE|
|3||5.5d||4d||60,000 DE||35,000 DE|
|4||6.5d||4.5d||70,000 DE||40,000 DE|
|5||8d||6d||80,000 DE||70,000 DE|
|6||9.5d||7.5d||120,000 DE||100,000 DE|
|7||11.5d||8d||180,000 DE||120,000 DE|
|8||14d||12d||200,000 DE||180,000 DE|
|9||14d||14d||220,000 DE||220,000 DE|
|10||16d||16d||270,000 DE||270,000 DE|
|Witch||2||6d||5d||75,000 DE||50,000 DE|
|3||9d||6.5d||120,000 DE||80,000 DE|
|4||12d||9.5d||160,000 DE||130,000 DE|
|5||14d||14d||200,000 DE||200,000 DE|
|Lava Hound||2||6.5d||5d||60,000 DE||50,000 DE|
|3||8d||6.5d||70,000 DE||70,000 DE|
|4||11.5d||9d||150,000 DE||125,000 DE|
|5||14d||14d||200,000 DE||200,000 DE|
|6||16d||16d||270,000 DE||270,000 DE|
|Bowler||2||8.5d||7d||120,000 DE||90,000 DE|
|3||12d||10d||160,000 DE||140,000 DE|
|4||14d||14d||200,000 DE||200,000 DE|
|5||16d||16d||280,000 DE||280,000 DE|
- A unit that has not been unlocked will not be available in Friendly Challenges while the production building that would unlock that unit is currently upgrading. However, usage of already unlocked units remains possible even while the production building is upgrading.
- Super Troop donation requests are not removed if Army Camps or production buildings contain those Super Troops.
- The timer for Power Potion and Hero Potion is more accurate.
- Fixed issue in the layout editor so it no longer places objects on top of each other, causing the save to fail when items overlap.
- Introduce a new Season Challenge task to collect Stars in a Friendly Challenge for the Home Village or Builder Base.
- Fix personal break not working properly with the 24-hour village guard you get when entering the re-engagement flow.
- Disable the Current War button when browsing normal War history while Clan War Leagues are ongoing to prevent unwanted spectators.
- Show time left properly in Clan Chat of Builder Base Friendly Challenges.
- Fixed 3D animation issues to blend better between first and last frames.
- Fixed a bug with Electro Dragon’s chain lightning distance calculation.
- Fixed Miner’s attack animation so he does damage simultaneously when the shovel hits the target.
- Fixed an issue of shrinking characters when targeted by the Headhunter.
- Fixed a rarely occurring issue where troops would not retarget correctly when a Hidden Tesla appeared if the troops had already retargeted to something else and their attack cooldown from the previous attack had not yet completed.
- Fixed the projectile attack animation angle of the Battle Blimp. Previously it was aimed at the ground but exploded in the air above the target.
- Prevent troops from retargeting after exiting a Jump Spell, thus prevent troops from getting stuck in a never ending Jump Spell loop.
As you can see, this is one big update for the Clash of Clans. Hope you enjoyed reading about the Autumn 2020 update patch notes and are super excited to play the game now.
If you do not see the new Supercell ID changes in your game, please note, these changes will go live in a staged rollout – starting from Nordic countries first. So you might have to wait a bit before the new features go live for your region!