Each faction in Total War: Warhammer 3 has its strengths and weaknesses, and this can be translated to the plethora of units from within each faction. Here we will be listing down all the units and factions that are the strongest in Total War: Warhammer 3. In case you missed it, we have also covered a similar tier list of Warhammer 3 factions.
Some units are very powerful and can turn the tide of battle in your favor if you use them properly. The list below will include units from all the factions, so if you see a unit appears that is of your selected race be sure to buy them the most and utilize them.
Warhammer 3 Strongest Units List
Total War: Warhammer 3 is based on the much popular and long-running tabletop franchise. And with such a historical pedigree, the game has the option to choose from a crazy collection of units already established by the creators. People who are a fan of the series will definitely choose their favorite faction in this game as well, but those players who are new to this franchise would like to know which army is the strongest. And veteran players can benefit too from this list, for the stats and the way each unit function will be different from the tabletop counterpart.
Leadbelchers – Ogre Kingdoms
These ogres are really strong and carry around massive canons in their hands. With high mobility, range, and extreme firepower, they can decimate most enemy units with ease before they come near and pose any threat. A huge number of enemies or single tanky units, both crumble in front of their barrels. They can reposition themselves swiftly if danger is near. The only downside is their lack of close combat capabilities and if a flying unit darts towards them then you can say goodbye to them.
Grand Canon – Grand Cathay
These canons are highly powered, with an ability to one-shot most units, minus the lords or special units. Small armies can easily be eradicated with this canon. And with a price tag of just 900, they have a great return on investment, especially considering the damage they deal. Their mobility is limited though and would suffer direct onslaught from melee or close-quarter units just like Leadbelchers.
These four factions have the best cavalry units in the game:
- Skullcrushers – Khorne: These units have the most armor of the bunch.
- War Bear Rider – Kislev: These have the best cost to power ratio with the most weapon damage.
- Crushers – Ogre Kingdoms: They have the same advantages as both the upper mentioned units, even surpassing them in some aspects. Better charge bonus.
- Seekers of Slaanesh – Slaanesh: The cheapest of the bunch, these units rely on their speed rather than strength to close the distance and charge for those artillery-type units.
Terracotta Sentinel – Grand Cathay
These units have the second-largest HP pool of all the units in the game, able to swallow a lot of damage before going down. They are integral to the Grand Cathay army considering this faction is not the strongest. And their weapon damage is insane at 400.
War Sleds – Kislev
These walking battering rams carry gunmen on their sleds which rain down fire on nearby enemies and any that survive their charge. And with a cost of 950 only, they are a steal for the utility they provide.
Gorgers – Ogre Kingdoms
This vanguard unit can be deployed close to the enemy army or even behind them. They have the unbreakable trait, that allows them to fight till the end and never retreat. And infantry units are devoured by these units due to a bonus. Missile units can pose some threat to the Gorgers.
Low Tier Units
Another collection of units, these are basic army fodder which can create trouble on their own as well, these units can pin down enemy hard hitters for range units to have stationary targets:
- Gnoblers – Ogre Kingdoms: These are the cheapest and can be used to spam opponents.
- Nurglings – Nurgle: These units are basically un-killable completely.
- Marauders of Slaanesh – Slaanesh: These are very competent units for the price and frontline purpose.
- Blue Horrors of Tzeentch – Tzeentch: A basic unit with missile capabilities to deal with enemies at range as well.
All these units are pretty similar having missile capabilities and strong melee power and costing the same:
- Nurgle: is the strongest and shoots missiles the farthest.
- Slaanesh: these are more melee-focused.
- Tzeentch: is a balance between the upper two.
- Khorne: this is the weakest one so opt for other units in the list.
Minotaurs of Khorne (Great Weapons) – Khorne
Choose this Minotaur specifically instead of the other infantry-focused one, as these have a bonus against large enemies and are perfect for taking down gigantic units.
Doom Knights of Tzeentch – Tzeentch
These units are overpowered. They are a flying menace to the enemies. And with any Tzeentch unit, your health is protected by a barrier that can be regenerated once you leave the fight, and with this unit, it’s super easy to rotate your units by retreating and recharging your barrier return to the battle with fresh health essentially. On top of that, they are fast and deal massive charge damage and cause fear amongst enemy ranks to retreat. Also, they can be vanguard deployed.
This list would surely have helped you in investing in the right units and selecting the army that has the most badass units. For more things Total War: Warhammer 3 related stay tuned to our Guides section.