The classes in Elden Ring can become quite a devastating force once you know how to upgrade them and what items best compliment the style you have chosen. The game rewards you for sticking to your class’s strengths and provides many opportunities to develop them correspondingly. If you are confused with what build guide to go with in Elden Ring, we have a complete ranked tier list for the best builds. Here we will discuss the Enchanted Knight your melee magic build.
In a nutshell, this build capitalizes on the close quarter sorcery and some range potential, to quench your thrust for both melee and magic. This build is quite versatile for shredding enemies at any distance and opens up the players to experiment with two major playstyles. So let’s figure out what is required to get this advanced build to work. For a magic casting build only check out our Sorcerer Supreme Build guide.
Spells & Equipment
As you are going about discovering the Lands Between you will inadvertently be coming across a plethora of spells that will tempt you to experiment, the best thing about this build is that you can easily incorporate any spell you would like. But to stay true to the actual build at hand these are all the spells that we find befit the task:
- Carian Slicer: This spell can easily replace any melee weapon that you hold dear, with its low FP usage and spamming capabilities, the end result is quite surprising. Purchased by Sorceress Sellen.
- Glintstone Pebble: Magical projectile to take out one-off enemies at range, a very reliable spell that you can carry throughout your adventure. Purchased by Sorceress Sellen.
- Carian Piercer: A giant poking sword that is perfect for thrusting enemies at some distance.
- Carian Greatsword: A larger version of the Carian Slicer, though it costs more FP it’s perfect for dealing massive damage from a single swing.
Carian Piercer is located in the Carian Manor on a Tear Drop Scarab located in a garden to the east.
Carian Greatsword can be purchased by Miriel, Pastor of Vows at the Church of Vows location for 10,000 Runes.
For the equipment that best serves the purpose of the build are:
- Carian Glintstone Staff: A perfect staff for magic inclined builds, it scales off of Intelligence, and the more you upgrade it the better the output will be.
- Carian Knights Armor Set: For all of you missing the Enchanted Knight from the network test, this set will put you to ease and it has complementary lightweight stats perfect for going in and out of the action.
- Blue-Gold Kite Shield: Bought from a merchant from East Limgrave, hard to miss. This shield protects from 100% physical damage and the guard boost is the best for one which only requires 12 stats of strength.
- Queen’s Crescent Crown: After defeating Renalla, The Queen of Full Moon, she will drop this headgear so switch to it when you get it. This will grant you extra intelligence further boosting your magic power.
Carian Glintstone Staff is located in the Carian Study Hall right before the second lift marked on the map above.
After completing a set of platforming the set will be on a statue being praised by Glintstone Zombies, kill them and loot the set and wear it with style.
The Talismans preferred for this build are:
- Radagon Icon: This slashes the casting time of spells for more swift action, best for when you are spamming the melee spells like Carian Slicer.
- Graven-School Talisman: This increases the effectiveness of the sorcery, further enhancing the damage potential of each casting.
- Green Turtle Talisman: Raises stamina regeneration, which counters the stamina cost of each spell you cast.
- Blessed Dew Talisman: An optional pick. This will regenerate HP over time and is best for lowering the need for HP flasks, while more FP flasks can be equipped.
Both Radagan and Graven-School Talisman are located in Raya Lucaria Academy. Green Turtle Talisman is behind a Stonesword Key gate in the Summonwater Village.
This build does require some stats to be focused in on to truly unlock its talent. The Stats that are to be upgraded the most are:
- Intelligence: This stat will directly impact your magic scaling and the output of your spells. 30 levels of this will have huge spell impact.
- Mind: This will give you a bigger FP pool to cast more spells before needing to consume a flask. 20 mind levels will do.
- Vigor: For more health take a shot or two from hard-hitting enemies and bosses. 20 Vigor will suffice.
- Endurance: To increase stamina for sustained casting before stopping to recuperate and to this gives more equipment load to carry better gear altogether.
Playing With The Enchanted Knight
The way this build, works is that you ditch your weapon in the right hand and equip your staff to substitute the melee capabilities. The Carian Slicer, Piercer, and Greatsword will essentially work as your close quarter weapons, depending on the situation use each of these spells to your advantage.
Slicer is for spamming and dealing damage one on one, perfect for boss encounters. With a huge FP pool/bar to draw from and the cost of Carian Slicer, the potential to deal sustained massive damage is perplexing.
And Greatsword is for sweeping area attacks to take out herds of surrounding enemies. The Greatsword won’t reach the DPS level of the Slicer but it has other uses, it’s amazing on horseback because of its range, and enemies that are less easily staggered should be dealt with this weapon.
Piercer is for enemies at a distance to poke at them. Piercer is very costly to use and won’t be your go-to spell when fighting. It’s useful in situations where an NPC invader has arrived or when on horseback for that massive reach. Just keep in mind the FP usage is very inefficient.
Glintstone Pebble is your trusty sidearm for enemies at the range or thinning mobs of enemies making their way towards you.
How are you liking this build? What builds are you guys rocking in Elden Ring? Comment below and let us know. And for everything Elden Ring related visit our Elden Ring section.