Epic Games has just released Fortnite Update 3.23 and we have the complete patch notes for you to read. The new update adds a new mode and tournament titled Bugha’s Late Game alongside preferred item slots setting as well.
The update is available globally and is a mandatory download for all supported platforms. You can take a look at the complete patch notes down below for more information.
Fortnite Update 3.23 Patch Notes
Here are the complete patch notes for the update:
NEW MODE AND TOURNAMENT: BUGHA’S LATE GAME
The Bugha’s Late Game Arena mode will soon be available in the playlist selection screen. Part of the festivities for Bugha entering the Icon Series, this mode puts players right in the middle of competitive Fortnite. Here’s the rundown!
- With your Trio, you’ll drop on the Island while the Storm’s already closing in.
- We’ve collaborated with Bugha to curate nine starting inventories grouped into three team loadouts. Each Trio will be assigned one of these team loadouts at random.
- As you play, you’ll be able to earn Hype unique to the mode. The players who earn at least 1500 Hype before Bugha’s Late Game Tournament on July 28 will be eligible to participate in the tournament.
In the Bugha’s Late Game tournament version, qualified players will compete against others in their region for a share of $100,000! Read more in our Bugha Icon Series blog post.
NEW SETTING: PREFERRED ITEM SLOTS
Take control of your loadout with the new Preferred Item Slot preferences! Located in the Game tab of the Settings menu, Preferred Item Slots lets you designate which inventory space you want a weapon or item type to go when picked up.
The default active configuration for Item Slots 1-5 is 1) Assault Rifle | 2) Shotgun | 3) Unassigned | 4) Unassigned | 5) Consumable, but you can retool this to fit your play style. Want Snipers in Slot 3? Hit the “Configure” button and toggle the slot to your preferred weapon type. The next time you loot a Sniper-type item, it’ll be assigned to your third inventory space and hotkey.
Like-for-like items will respect your Preferred Item Slots even if the slot is filled, swapping in the higher-rarity item. For example, loot an Epic Pump Shotgun and it will replace your Uncommon one even if you have something else like Bandages equipped. Preferred Item Slots is only active when you have at least one empty inventory slot, and the “Auto-Sort Consumables to Right” setting will continue to function as normal alongside your preferences.
MAJOR BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue that caused us to disable Ziplines. Ziplines are now re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused us to disable Rifts obtained from vendors. Vendor Rifts are now re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue involving items being automatically equipped in certain cases when picked up.
- Fixed an issue involving the Grimey Outfit’s reactivity not working.
- Fixed an issue involving the button for Arena Division/tournament details being unresponsive on controller.
- Fixed an issue involving the ‘Hold Inventory button’ Crafting menu shortcut not working.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: Epic Games