Fortnite v18.30 Update is currently being deployed right now by Epic Games, and here you will find the final patch notes and all relevant details. This new patch was scheduled to release right now, and this maintenance was announced by the Fortnite support team well in advance so players can quickly finish up their games.
All the relevant information you may need to know regarding the Fortnite patch notes for v18.30 Update will be covered in the next section. Our best guess right now this patch may have some more Halloween related content, but we will definitely know more once the notes are released.
Fortnite Patch Notes: v18.30 Update
Unfortunately, the official patch notes for Fortnite v18.30 Update are not yet available. However, the patch has indeed started rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game. Once we have more details regarding the new updates, changes and additions to the game, we will add them here. For now, all we could do is wait for the servers to get back online and the maintenance to be over to know more information.
If you see something new in the game, do let us know in the comments. We will add the official notes as soon as they are made available online for everyone to read.
Like with each new update, there will be new bug fixes that the developers aim to fix in future updates. So here is a list of bugs that we think might be fixed today in this release:
- Error message when trying to equip certain color combinations of Tricksy (Battle Royale).
- Red dot indicator no longer shows on compass when enemies are firing (Battle Royale).
- Wolverine’s Built-in Emote not working correctly (Battle Royale).
- Using the “Smash Attack” ability with the Sideways Scythe may result in fall damage (Battle Royale).
- Trees are not appearing on Island Map (Creative).
- Multi-selecting and moving building to prop pieces will cause consistent misalignment (Creative).
- Players may become invisible to other players after respawning (Save The World).
- 4x Missions do not show the 4x rewards (Save The World).
- Unable to swap Hero Loadouts in the Lobby while using a controller (Save The World).
- Healing Build Attached perk not restoring the proper amount (Save The World).
- Campfires above level 130 are shown as 130 (Save The World).
- Players can get stuck inside the vault door in the Lab Dungeon (Save The World).
Update: The official patch notes are now available below!
WILDLIFE SPAWNER UPDATE
We’ve added a bunch of new features to the Wildlife Spawner to give you more control over those critters. With new options for controlling spawning and movement, as well as new triggers to detect various events, there’s now more life in the Wildlife than ever before.
Read more details on the Wildlife Spawner Device on the Fortnite Creative Documentation website.
CHARACTER CONTROLLER DEVICE
We’ve added a new Character Device Controller that will help you get the most out of every Character device you place. This new device allows you to change Character appearance, poses, idles, and emotes via simple trigger actions.
Read more details on the Character Controller Device in the Device Updates section below and on the Fortnite Creative Documentation website.
BATTLE ROYAL ITEMS
We’ve added the following Battle Royal items to Creative
- Dual Fiend Hunters (Normal to Legendary rarities)
CHARACTER DEVICE CONTROLLER
- We’ve added the Character Device Controller to Creative.
- This device allows you to apply different cosmetics, poses, idles and emotes to placed Character devices.
- Simply set the Character Slot of the Controller device to the same Character Slot as the Character you want to control, then use the triggers on the Controller device to apply your selected changes to the Character.
- New options have been added to the Wildlife Spawner device:
- Force Spawn New Wildlife
- Allows new Wildlife to spawn by despawning the oldest Wildlife.
- Tether Range
- Untamed Wildlife try to stay within the specified range of their spawner.
- Activation Distance
- Wildlife will only spawn when the player is the selected distance from the Wildlife Spawner.
- Wildlife Follow Distance
- Determines the distance Tamed Wildlife will try to be from the player when following them.
- Added “Invincible” option to Wildlife Health.
- Force Spawn New Wildlife
- When Wildlife is Eliminated by an Enemy Transmit on this Channel.
- When Wildlife is Eliminated by a Neutral Player Transmit on this Channel.
- When Wildlife is Eliminated by a Predator Transmit on this Channel.
- When Wildlife is Despawned by a New Spawn Transmit on this Channel.
- When Wildlife Eats Something Transmit on this Channel
- When Wildlife Takes Damage Transmit on this Channel.
- Eliminate Instigator’s Tamed Wildlife when Receiving From.
SHOPPING CART SPAWNER
- The Shopping Cart Spawner has been returned to Creative.
- Known Issues:
- When the cart is upturned, the Drive option still appears and it can be hard to flip the cart right-side up.
- The cart does not support wraps regardless of the option setting.
- Known Issues:
- We’ve made a number of changes to the Campfire device:
- Added 0 as a value for Health Per Tick.
- Added 0 as a value for Starting Wood.
- Added Instant as an option for both Time to Light and Time to Extinguish.
- Added additional values to Wood Consumption Per Tick.
- Added additional values to Max Wood Capacity and Starting Wood.
- Added additional values to Wood To Add On Trigger (Maximum refills the device to Max Wood Capacity regardless of the current wood amount)
- Added variable Pulse Interval to allow finer control over the healing effect.
- Changed Heal Zone Size to use meters to make it easier to control. To maintain backwards compatibility the current values are unfortunately not nice round numbers – we will add additional values in a future update.
- The campfire now has the option to cast light.
We’ve updated the Skydome Device to add the following options:
- Cloud color
We’ve updated the Capture Area Device to add the following options:
- Capture Height
- Determines the height of the capture zone
- Visible During Game
- Determines whether this device is visible during the game. This does affect it’s collision properties.
We’ve added some QOL improvements to the Color Picker UI (available in the Skydome and Customizable Lights Devices):
- Existing color is now pre-selected when opening Color Picker.
- Color Picker UI now locks when open so mousing over other UI elements doesn’t close it.
- Clickable area of the color swatches have been expanded.
- Color Picker tickbox now has visual hovered/un-hovered states.
- Fixed an issue with the capture area device that prevented an item from being consumed when dropped into the area.
- Fixed an issue with the elimination manager that caused it to not track classes correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the Item Spawner that displayed the message “You don’t have enough resources!” incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue with the mutator zone that caused it to always transmit on round start if a player was inside of it.
- Fixed an issue with some emotes being incorrect in the Character Device.
- Fixed an issue with the Timer Device that caused some settings to be missing.
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed an issue with the visualization gallery that caused the gallery to not animate on normal and XL islands.
- Fixed an issue where the Primitive Shapes Gallery was spawning outside of the preview volume.
- Fixed an issue that prevented creators from multi-selecting lights.
- Fixed an issue that caused props to disappear when multiple creators were working on an island.
- Fixed an issue that caused trees to not display on the mini-map.
- Fixed an issue with island names not fitting correctly in the matchmaking portal.
- Fixed an issue that caused breaking a prop on top of an indestructible floor to destroy the floor below.
- The UI around matchmaking portals has been updated:
- When looking at a portal, the game information will no longer be floating from the screen, but instead be layered onto the portal surface.
- Selecting a portal will show a Play Mode Selection Screen that shows game details.
- While matchmaking, the matchmaking text will no longer float from the portal screen, but instead be integrated into the player HUD.
- Added new weapon search tags to allow players to sort weapons by ammo type.
- Fixed an issue where STW Resource Consumables did not have detailed descriptions.
Fortnite is now available on the PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, Android and iOS platforms. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: Epic Games