Psyonix released the latest December Update as Rocket League Update 1.88 along with the complete patch notes for you to read. This December patch is now rolling out to all supported platforms – Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Steam, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S.
This new update includes the redesigned Esports Shop, new content creator community flags and enhanced support for the next-gen consoles like the Xbox Series X/S. The main UI has also received some aesthetic and colour changes.
Rocket League Update 1.88 Patch Notes
Here are the patch notes for the Rocket League Update 1.88 that started rolling out earlier today. The new content is going to make the long-time fans very happy, so download away the December Update right now.
- ‘Jack Newsome’
- ‘Rome in Silver’
- ‘Sullivan King’
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Enhanced Xbox Series X|S Support
- For players on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, a new “Video Quality” dropdown is now available under Settings > Video. This allows you to play Rocket League with either “Performance” or “Quality” settings as detailed below:
- Xbox Series X
- Quality: 4K resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
- Performance: Game runs at 2688×1512 at 120 FPS with HDR
- Game UI displays at 4K
- Xbox Series S
- Quality: 1080p Resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
- Performance: Game runs at 1344×756 at 120 FPS with HDR
- Game UI displays at 1080p
- Enhanced support requires compatible displays and HDMI cables. Learn more about compatibility here
Tactical Quick Chat
- A new ‘Tactical Quick Chat Only,” option is now available under Settings > Gameplay > Text Chat
- When enabled, all chat messages will be invisible to you except the following Quick Chats:
- All yours.
- Go for it!
- I got it!
- In position.
- Need boost!
- Take the shot!
- On your left.
- On your right.
- The Esports Shop has been redesigned from the ground up
- The Shop is now separated into regions — North America and Europe
- Each team is fully visible in their region’s part of the Esports Shop
- Item rotation has been removed
- All available items can be purchased directly from your favorite team’s Esports Shop page
- Made several aesthetic and color changes
- Changed name of ‘Options’ to ‘Settings’ in the main menu and throughout the game
- In the post-match screen, a new ‘Options’ button displays the following:
- Mute/Report Player
- Change Presets
- [Nintendo Switch] Splitscreen play is back!
- [Nintendo Switch] Fixed a bug causing tabs to automatically scroll with viewing inventory
- Adjusted exhaust flames on the Imperator DT5
This is the latest Rocket League December Update now available to everyone. Let us know in the comments what you think of this update.