Rust Update 1.30 was just announced by the developers at Facepunch Studios and we have all the patch notes for you right here. Offshore Blowout update adds a new NPC to the game that your squad will have to face. The update also adds a new weapon and makes a change that players were asking for a long time. Read the patch notes to find out more!
If you have been looking for the official patch notes for Rust Update 1.30, you’ve come to the right place. The update will be available on all supported platforms soon. Unfortunately, the size of the update is still unknown but we will post them as soon as we find out.
Rust Patch Notes: Update 1.30
Here are the official patch notes for Rust Console Update 1.30 that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:
- Small Oil Rig
- This offshore monument brings new opportunities for puzzles, loot, and combat. Bring a team to conquer this one.
- Large Oil Rig
- Very similar to the Small Oil Rig, but much bigger with more puzzles, more loot, and protected by a greater number of scientists.
- CH47 Event
- This event can be triggered by hacking the locked crate found on the top level of Oil Rigs, and it will introduce you to a new enemy, the Heavy Scientist.
- Heavy Scientists
- A new and much more challenging NPC.
- Multiple Grenade Launcher
- This powerful weapon can be looted from the Heavy Scientists, and uses 40mm Smoke Grenades, 40mm HE Grenades, or 40mm Shotgun Rounds.
- Buoyant Backpacks
- Loot from players and NPCs killed in water will float on the water’s surface instead of sinking to the bottom of the sea.
- New items added to Skin Store
- We will have some new skin packs to celebrate the release of OFFSHORE BLOWOUT.
Outside of the new content there’s also some changes and fixes being added to the game. These ones should take effect after the patch goes live at 11AM UTC.
- Increased building blocked zone around the Harbour monument
- Updated localization files
- Fixed texture issues on Roadsign Gloves
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to be kicked when dropping Roadsign Gloves
- Fixed some skinned items losing their skin when dropped from inventory
- Fixed missing shadows on road signs
- Fixed missing collision on a fridge door at the Lighthouse monument
- Fixed an area where players could get stuck between ice sheets
- Fixed some skin icons and previews not appearing correctly
- Fixed barrels clipping through sewer walls in the Airfield monument
- Fixed binoculars making your eyes go square for a moment
You can read more about the new Offshore Blowout content update, and see everything that is new coming to the game, along with its release time for today.
We will also have a new Skin Rotation available with the update, and some fixes to improve the experience with Rust Console Edition. Here’s the first look at the skins!
Patch 1.30 will be available to download Thursday morning 11AM UTC, and the new content will be available following the monthly wipe at 6PM UTC. Monthly servers will not get a BP wipe, but weekly ones will. Also, some servers might not have any of the Oil Rigs in them, but rest assured because there will be plenty of servers with new seeds that have these new monuments available!
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.