Riot Games has released the much-hyped Valorant Update 2.0 today on January 12 along with the full list of patch notes for everyone to read. We already got an early look at the patch notes, but now that the update is live on all supported platforms, we have the confirmed release notes covered below.
The main highlights for this update is the brand new agent called Yoru, the start of Episode 2 Act 1 and several changes to Competitive mode. Other changes include important tweaks to other Controllers; Brimstone and Omen.
Valorant Update 2.0 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for the Valorant Update 2.0 that is now rolling out to everyone with several new updates.
|We have a separate guide here: Yoru – Valorant Agent Guide | Skills and Abilities|
- This patch we have a small update that should clarify and differentiate the strengths of our Controllers. Omen and Brimstone have been in competition since beta and usually only one of them is considered viable. By giving each more clear strengths, we hope to make both Agents strong in different situations. Viper is on our radar as well, we believe she is underperforming and are looking at ways to help her out in the future.
Happy New Year Brimstone players! We know you’ve been hoping for some buffs this holiday season and we have them just in time. Brimstone is all about the big site execute moment. In that spirit, we’ve increased the duration of his smokes and given him more flexibility in where he can position to drop smokes exactly where he wants them. While at it, we didn’t feel Stim Beacon was fitting smoothly into his execution pattern, or into the situations where you might want to use it. Too often Brimstone would pull out Stim Beacon only to see his allies disappearing around a corner, or correctly recognize a fight was coming, pull out stim to get buffed up for it, and get blown up before he could get his gun back up. We think this is a much smoother, more explosive version of Brimstone that we hope you enjoy.
|Stim BeaconWill now quick cast (no equip time)|
|MolotovCost reduced: $300 >>> $200|
|Sky SmokesCast range increased: 4200 >>> 5000Smoke duration increased:14.25 >>> 19.25|
|SoundBrimstone no longer makes a sound that enemies can hear when confirming the location of his smokes|
Omen’s role as a Controller is to bring consistent pressure. We needed to introduce some tradeoffs in exchange for the consistent pressure his recharging smokes provide. The projectile speed decrease here is meant to give Omen more pressure and responsiveness when smoking nearby targets, while taking a bit longer to get smokes to far away parts of the map that he isn’t actively covering. Paranoia has been quite strong for a while, and rather than reduce its effectiveness and take away some of the most exciting plays Omen can make, we decided to up the cost. On the whole, this brings Omen’s full utility price up to a level that’s more comparable with other Agents as well as making it more important to get value out of Paranoia when you cast it, so that big $400 chunk of cash isn’t wasted.
|ParanoiaCost increased: $200 >>> $400|
|Dark CoverProjectile speed decreased: 4000 >>> 2800|
No updates just yet, but we’re taking this opportunity to say we’ve got our eye on her. We still believe she is underperforming as a whole and we’re looking at changes for her in the new year.
Classic (Alt. Fire)
- Jumping error increased: .4 >>> 1.0
- Increased input queue on right-click: 0.065 >>> .225
- Firing consecutively now jumps in error, starting at 1.9 for the first burst, 2.5 for the second, and then the third/fourth burst will be at a 6.0
- Right-click now has a recovery curve starting at .1s
- The Classic is proving to be a master-of-none choice in pistol rounds, with the exception of jump right-clicks and spamming right-clicks. The spread changes aim to pull the effective range of the jump bursts and the firing error/recovery aim to put some more finesse into how effective you can be while spamming it out. Input queue will help shots between bursts come out more smoothly.
- New Competitive regional leaderboards (Jan. 12)
- Rank system updated, including rank progress bar, numerical progress, and further distribution changes to make it easier to climb out of the lower ranks
- Immortal and Radiant ranks are now capped at a premade size of two
- New ranked rewards for Episode 1 (pair of Gun Buddies based on your highest Act Rank achieved during Episode 1)
- Many more changes!
- The “Add Friend” button has been removed from the in-game player list
- Fixed an issue where Omen could sometimes teleport past the buy phase barriers
- Fixed an issue where Omen could plant the Spike while elevated on a Sage wall
- Fixed an issue where players on the opposing team could be seen on the minimap long after leaving line of sight
- Fixed an issue where the desktop resolution was not restored after alt-tabbing from the game when playing in fullscreen mode, at lower-than-native resolution. Thank you to player fl0m for bringing this to our attention!
- Fixed an issue introduced in the 1.14 patch that incorrectly calculated client ping by including client frametime in the calculation
- Preview videos for weapon levels currently don’t have audio.
- Rest assured, the skins still have respective audio in-game, we just have some issues with audio for preview videos found in the Store and Collections.
This is it for the Valorant Update 2.0 along with the patch notes. There are not many gameplay related features or tweaks in this patch, but if you see anything that has changed or updated, do let us know.