Microsoft Games revealed the latest Age of Empires 4 Winter Update and here we have the patch notes list just for you. The update will be available next week according to Microsoft. This update includes tons of bug fixes like removing the infinite Relic duplication glitch with the Rus civilization. On top of that, the update also makes Crossbowmen, Spearman, and Elite Crossbowmen more of a threat to cavalry units than before, which is a welcomed change.
All the relevant information you may need to know regarding the Age of Empires 4 (AOE4) patch notes for the Winter Update is covered below. You should be able to download and install this patch directly from the Windows and Xbox Store. when it releases. Since this is a massive update, there are bound to be tons of changes.
Age of Empires 4 (AOE4) Patch Notes: Winter Update
Check out all the details regarding the Age of Empires 4 Winter Update patch notes:
- French Hulk ship tweaked to no longer rule the high seas.
- Crossbowmen, Spearman and Elite Crossbowmen will pose a greater threat to Cavalry.
- Significantly reducing the cost of the Chinese civilization’s Repeater crossbow.
- Fix to HRE Prelate unit to allow them to continue inspiring after being pushed.
- Mongol “Superior Mobility” adjusted to ensure the speed modifier is appropriately applied. Thanks to the community for calling this out!
- Fix issued for the Rus civilization to eliminate infinite Relic duplication.
As well, here are some of the feature additions and adjustments that will also be included in the update:
- Make the choice to turn on and view in-game player scores! Based on community feedback, we’ve made the decision to implement in-game scores for those who wish to have them. We know that using this feature can change the way you choose to play the game, and so we want to empower you to make the choice for yourself – starting with our Winter 2021 update, you’ll be able to enable in-game player score on a case-by-case basis for custom lobby multiplayer and skirmish matches.
- We’ve moved the Chinese Dynasty button and user interface to a less prominent position on the screen. You’ll now find it in the lower left-hand corner.
- The ability to view the map post-match is something you’ve asked for, and we’ve begun to make changes to allow you to do just that. Starting with the Winter 2021 update, you’ll be able to pan across the map of a completed match after finishing up your game – we’ll be looking to fold in additional options to allow you to easily switch back and forth between the completed map view and post-game stats in Spring 2022.
- Refinements made to the in-game mini-map to improve readability are also coming in Winter 2021. Improvements include reducing the size of icons, ensuring the Wonder icon on the mini-map matches the icon displayed in the HUD, increasing the size of the Primary Town Center in comparison to other Landmarks, and adjusting the color of certain resources.
Once we get all the patch notes, well will update this post.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.