Respawn Entertainment has just announced the new Apex Legends Update 1.68 that is now out for all the players and we have the full patch notes here. This is a follow-up patch after last week’s massive Apex Legends Legacy update that introduced Season 9 to the game. For those curious about what’s new in this patch, it mostly consists of gameplay fixes and minor changes.
This latest Apex Legends Update 1.68 just went live at 10AM PT, so you should be able to download and install it on your console or the PC. This patch also includes some weapons balance adjustments. There are supposed to be two patches today going live for Apex Legends. One is the client-side update and the other is a playlist update that will be deployed from the server-side.
Apex Legends Update 1.68 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for the Apex Legends Update 1.68 that is now rolling out to all supported platforms:
Client-Side Patch Notes:
- Fixed an error that was preventing players from logging in (“Array index 1 is out of range”).
- Arena Matches will now end if there are no players left on the enemy team.
- Arenas should now track “time survived” more consistently.
- Arenas should no longer display the “Apex Legends” screen transition with incorrect textures sometimes.
- Fixed low detail player models in the lobby. Goodbye derpy blob Legends, you will be missed.
- Valkyrie’s passive no longer highlights players that are not alive and/or in spectator mode.
- Bloodhound will no longer be able to see tracking markers for Valkyrie while she’s using her jet pack. This is a temporary measure done to improve stability — we’ll look to restore this in a future patch.
- Addressed an error with the Stats page which was triggered by switching back and forth between Arenas stats and Battle Royale stats.
- Valkyrie bundle promo image now properly directs players to the in-game store.
- General stability improvements.
The server-side playlist update is out in “late afternoon” (PT) and will include the following:
Apex Legends is now available to play for free on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Origin and Steam. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.