Respawn Entertainment just pushed out this latest Apex Legends Update 1.92, and here is the full list of patch notes for you to read through. This update brings back the Control game mode and introduces the next-gen update for the game as well. Make sure that you go through the patch notes to know about all of the changes.
All the relevant information you may need to know regarding the Apex Legends patch notes for Update 1.92 is covered in the next section. The update can be installed using the platform of your choice.
Apex Legends Patch Notes: Update 1.92
Here are the patch notes for Apex Legends Update 1.92 rolling out on all supported platforms:
CONTROL IS BACK!
Our limited-time 9v9 mode Control is returning for two weeks with the Warriors Collection Event!
This time around Caustic Treatment on Kings Canyon has been added into the mix. So, squad up, select your loadout, and fight for total control over Olympus, Storm Point, and Kings Canyon. Brought to you by Silva Pharmaceuticals.
THE CAUSTIC TREATMENT
Additional cover, ziplines, skydive launchers, and even a hover tank, have been added to the space. This was done with the intent of balancing the area and improving flow to the points.
Caustic’s Lab is a highly defensible fortress controlled by the right team and a combination of legends. However, with solid coordination, and a well-timed offensive push, defenders can easily be routed.
Lastly, in true Caustic fashion, you can “expedite the inevitable” by using the terminal inside his lab. Interacting with the console will raise the toxin levels, resulting in a damaging trap for legends attempting to capture B.
NEW ARENA MAP: DROP-OFF
Sitting high above the skyline of Malta is the fully automated Hammond Manufacturing Tower that was constructed for a single purpose: the early production of critical systems for Olympus. Codenamed Drop-Off, the site is still in operation, but at night, Arenas fighters covertly commandeer the place for fierce matches under the smoggy skies.
The POIs in Drop-Off can be primarily thought of as two governing locations: Interior and Exterior. The interior is split across two POIs: Observation Deck and Deployment Line, while the exterior offers the Loading Bay.
Observation Deck offers a higher vantage point, access to an airdrop, and a safe recluse from the dangers of long-range combat. However, this comes with a compromise: lower ceilings limit some of the vertical combat capabilities for Legends, but also provide a more straightforward and predictable battle of close to mid-range wits.
Next up is Deployment Line, a core POI of Drop-Off. Acting as a pseudo-mid-lane overseen by Observation Deck, the path effectively divides the map in two, eventually converging into Loading Bay. Cargo shipment containers travel slowly along the line, acting as dynamic cover that opens up plenty of movement options. Go for a sneaky flank by walking alongside a container, hidden from view of the enemy team? Or use the mobility of the containers to deliver some surprise traps with specific legend abilities? Everyone appreciates a moving Caustic trap, right?
Last, but certainly not least, the Loading Bay opens up fights across two offensive mid-ground platforms that simultaneously oversee and, again, divide via the Deployment Line. With the night sky visible above, Legends regain access to more… vertically inclined combat options. But beware; with open spaces and an incredibly gorgeous view comes an additional threat: falling to your death.
While the edges are protected via modest railing, falling to your death is still possible, and fights out here focus on mid-to long-range sightlines, while containers moving along the deployment line act as cover against the sparsely defensible low-ground. These low-ground sections are littered with Material Canisters for players to nab, making the risk-to-reward ratio that much more enticing. So make sure to check out Drop-off when you are playing during the Warriors Collection Event.
WARRIORS COLLECTION EVENT ITEMS
The Warriors Collection Event introduces a brand new set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics. Look every inch the fighter in new Legendary skins including the “Synthetic Huntress” Ash Skin, “Riding Dirty” Octane Skin, “Jewel Olympus” Horizon Skin, and “Combat Survivalist” Lifeline.
You can earn 1,600 points per day and challenges refresh daily. There are also stretch challenges that reward four unique badges if you complete them during the event. All of these challenges also stack with your Battle Pass, so you can complete multiple at once.
Warriors also introduces a brand new set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics.
Some limited-time offers will be available in the store throughout the event. See the image below for the rundownof new cosmetics you can purchase including Rampart’s Ready to Rumble Bundle, Wattson’s Chaos Conductor Bundle, and more!
This patch is also bringing some sweet updates for Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X|S owners. On March 29, we will be launching the native next-gen versions of Apex Legends. You will be able to play your favorite game in native 4K (PS5 & Xbox Series X) along with the game being outputted in glorious HDR. Additionally, we are planning support for more next-gen features in future updates.
Improvements over back-compat versions:
|4K output||PS5 & Xbox Series X|
|Full 60hz gameplay||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
|HDR||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
|Higher resolution shadow maps||PS5 & Xbox Series X|
|Greater LOD distances||PS5 & Xbox Series X|
Coming in future updates:
|120hz gameplay||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
|Visual Improvements||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
|Audio Improvements||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
To ensure you have the latest version starting March 29:
For PS5 Owners who already have Apex Legends installed:
- Navigate to the Game Hub for Apex Legends on the PS5 dashboard.
- Press the “Options” button next to “Play Game” (represented by “…” inside the Game Hub).
- Press “Select Version” and choose the PS5 version to download the updated next-gen version.
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the Game Library to delete the PS4 version.
For PS5 Owners who do not currently have Apex Legends installed:
- Navigate to the “Your Collection” tab of the Game Library on the PS5 dashboard.
- Find Apex Legends in your list of games and select it.
- When prompted, choose the PS5 version to download the updated next-gen version.
For Xbox Series X/S Owners:
Apex Legends uses Smart Delivery on Xbox consoles. The best version of the game is automatically delivered to your console, regardless of generation – no extra steps are required from you.
CONTROL MODE UPDATES:
- Fixed issue where players would not be able to see or select spawn points on the Spawn Menu after dying while stimmed as Octane.
- Removed the Turbo Charger from Purple Tier weapons – Players have to get their Ratings up to Gold Tier in order to get it.
- Several crash fixes to help with mode stability.
- Fixed a UI bug where Mythic ammo icon appears on non-crate weapons when auto-reloaded.
- Fix for ammo disappearing from Rampart’s mobile Sheila when firing.
- Double Tap burst fire delay reduced from 0.475 to 0.375.
- Double Tap recoil improvements.
- Ammo reserves increased from 120 to 140.
HOP-UPS SPAWN RATE ADJUSTMENTS
- Increased spawn rate for Hammerpoint Rounds and Kinetic Feeder.
- Reduced spawn rate for Deadeye’s Tempo, Shatter Caps, and Boosted Loader.
- Fixed frame jitter that could appear while spectating a match.
- Fixed issue where Precision Choke was disabled by default on Golden TripleTake.
- Fixed issue where players could leave at the start of a match without being penalized.
- Fixed hack where players were able to duel-wield weapons.
- Fixed bug where players would not receive assist credit when damaging Gibraltar’s arm shield.
- Fix for bug when Crypto’s animation would glitch after using a finisher while in death protection.
- Fixed bug where players were unable to perform Ash’s skydive emote.
- Fixed bug where the Leaver Penalty warning would always show two minutes regardless of how many times you’ve disconnected.
- Fixed bug where damaging MRVN would count towards upgrading your Evo Shield.
- Fix for cases where Crypto can throw out multiple drones.
- Fix for cases where Pathfinder is able to grapple enemies indefinitely.
- Fix for cases where players are able to reset Wraith’s Tactical cooldown by ending her phasing while entering an Ash’s Portal.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in Bloodhound’s Cyber Hunt skin.
- Arenas: Fix for a bug where music could cut off at the start of a match in Habitat 4.
- Arenas: Fix for visual bug where Legend abilities would stay onscreen during a match.
- Various fixes to charging systems in weapons to work more consistently and by design.
- Fix for cases where players could remove bullet spread when using ziplines.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in reactive weapons after activating.
- Fix for cases where Wattson’s Ultimate’s shield regen would work through some windows in Command Center.
- Tropics Map: Fix for cases where players can be launched by Gravity Cannon while below it.
- Added tracker for “Battle Royale Wins”.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: Apex Legends