The developers of Ark: Survival Evolved has just released Update 2.46 on January 15. The patch notes add a few features to the game while also fixing some bugs as well. The update is available on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The update has been pushed out universally to all platforms and is expected to be hitting the PlayStation and Xbox stores very soon. We are going to talking about everything you need to know about the January 15 Update for Ark Survival Evolved.
Ark: Survival Evolved is a critically acclaimed Survival Video game developed by Studio Wildcard. The game is almost 6 years old but is still going strong with frequent content updates and bug fixes. Developers of the game have been keen on listening to community feedback and Update 2.46 seems to be no exception in that regard with common bugs being fixed and new features added to the popular title.
Ark Survival Evolved Update 2.46 Patch Notes
The January update for the game is available on platforms. It is about 9 GBs on the PS4 with varying sizes between all the consoles. After this patch, here are the current version numbers each platform is at.
- Current Version PS4: v556.3
- Current Version Xbox One: 807.3
- Current Version PC: 321.1
Update 2.46 Patch Notes
- Added Explorer Notes 11-15 for Genesis Chronicles
- Added TEK Chest V2 for Genesis Chronicles
- Added additional mesh biting detection
- Fixed multiple mesh methods
- Managarmr can no longer dash when C4 is attached (Similarly to how the Pteranodon cannot roll)
- Fixed multiple level-design related bugs such as holes, floating foliage, incorrect volumes, etc.
- Fixed a bug where the TEK Turret did not respect Tribe Ranks
- Fixed a crash with the Taming HUD
- Fixed an exploit that allowed beehives to be duped
- Deinonychus riders are now correctly dismounted when flashed by a Plant Species Z Fruit
Additional PC Patch Notes
- Carno Visual Changes (Texture/Material Update)
- New Single Player/Host Setting: Enable Level Up for Flyer Movement Speed (You can enable the setting on Unofficials by doing the following: adding bAllowFlyerSpeedLeveling=True to the game.ini or -AllowFlyerSpeedLeveling to the commandline)
The Taming HUD Crashing was one of the most commonly complained about bugs in Ark Survival Evolved. Thankfully, the January 15th Update fixes it alongside adding new features such as the new TEK Chest V2 and Explorer Notes.
This concludes everything you needed to know about the January 15th Update for Ark Survival Evolved. Stay tuned for more news!