Pearl Abyss has released Black Desert Update 1.66 along with the full list of patch notes. This is an unscheduled maintenance that took place earlier and will introduce a some gameplay fixes along with a couple of new features. The developers have taken down the server for deploying the fixes and addressing some crashing problems.
It’s good to see developers pushing out an update on Christmas Eve. A new feature called Combat Assistance has been added for beginners and will be highly appreciated.
Black Desert Update 1.66 Patch Notes
Here are the patch notes for the Black Desert Update 1.66 rolling out today on December 24 and now already out to supported platforms.
Major Updates – Combat Assistance
● Added a new feature that improves combat accessibility for new Adventurers. It will assist them in making swift turns and movement while using basic attacks and certain skills.
– This feature is recommended to new Adventurers who have just begun their journey in Black Desert.
– You can turn on and off this feature by going to Settings > General Settings > Others > Combat Assistance
● Fixed an issue where Stamina would be consumed double the amount when doing jump attacks and where the character would stop when it lacks Stamina.
● Fixed an issue where Quoratum’s Opening would not be activated after using Icy Fog forward.
● Fixed an issue where [Nova] Canape Classic Box could not be opened.
As for the emergency maintenance, here’s what it did and the schedule:
NA: December 23rd, 07:00 PM – 11:00 PM (PST)
EU: December 24th, 03:00 AM – 07:00 AM (UTC)
ASIA: December 24th, 11:00 AM – 03:00 PM (GMT+9)
– Fixed an issue where the client would intermittently shut down
– Added “Combat Assistance” option in the settings to enhance combat accessibility
– Fixed an issue where [Nova] Canape Classic Box could not be opened.
This is everything we know so far about this Black Desert Update 1.66 patch. We will update you guys if we find anything new. For a list of other game changes and updates, check out our Patch Notes section.