Brawlhalla Update 5.11 was just deployed by Blue Mammoth Games today and we have the complete list of patch notes for you to read. This patch adds the Back to School 2021 event featuring 11 exclusive Skins including Hall Minotaur Teros and Swim Team Mako, an exclusive Color Scheme, and more. This patch also features a balance pass, game improvements, bug fixes, and a few other updates.
You should be able to download and install Brawlhalla Update 5.11 now as it just went live. If for some reason the servers are still down, then you will have to wait for the maintenance to get over.
Brawlhalla Update 5.11 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for Brawlhalla Update 5.11 that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:
It’s that time of year to head Back to School! Celebrate the event and dress to impress with Home Team Colors and exclusive Skins available for a limited time.
See the list below for all the Back to School items:
- Hall Minotaur Teros – “Do you have your Great Hall pass?”
- Swim Team Mako – “I don’t need floaties Coach Brynn – I have fins.”
- Professor Vraxx – “Essays on why I’m the greatest space lord due Thursday. 5 million words.”
- Rocker Volkov – “Where’s my guitar pick?”
- Headmaster Fait – “Time to count the KOs, ready?”
- Ace Spiker Lin Fei – “She’s got school spirit!”
- Kindergarten Kaya – “Missed the bus? Take a mammoth instead.”
- Gridiron Xull – “The best offense is more offense.”
- First Day Asuri – “Don’t forget your bus number!”
- Greased Lightning Koji – “He’s got the chops!”
- Detention Ada – “Being bad feels pretty good, huh?”
- Home Team Colors
- Show off your school spirit in these black, red, and gold colors.
- Available for every Legend with hard-earned Gold!
- Oodles of Doodles
- An animated Avatar!
- “The story’s in the margins.”
- Brawlhalla 101
- “Class is in session!”
- Purchasable with your hard-earned Gold!
Back to School will also feature:
- A bonus login reward of 250 Gold.
- A Back to School UI Takeover with new main menu music. Follow the apples in Mallhalla!
Step into the ring with your tag team partner for a 2v2 no holds barred match! Keep the momentum going by bouncing yourself or your opponents off the ropes. Stun your target with a folding chair or knock them into a table for heavy damage. KO your opponents 3 times each to win!
- Brawldown Game Mode
- 6 Stocks
- 3 minutes
- Use folding chairs and tables to stun your enemies!
We’re featuring an exclusive offer with Prime Gaming, the Darkheart Bundle! From the depths of Terminus, this free bundle includes:
- Darkheart Petra Skin
- Petra Legend Unlock
- Come At Me Emote
- Firehawk Sidekick
This limited-time promotion is available to all Amazon Prime members. Claim your loot at brawlhalla.com/prime.
- Follow the apples for the exclusive Back to School 2021 items!
- The Solidarity Emote benefiting Campaign Zero is still available. To find out more information about this non-profit organization, check out www.joincampaignzero.org.
- Looking for a certain chest? We’re rapidly rotating through chests, so check out the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
- Find the new Sales items!
We have made a round of balance adjustments for several overperforming Weapons that bring their average knockout time closer in line with the other Weapons. There are also several changes that provide more opportunities to contest the neutral game of these overperforming Weapons. A number of Signatures have also received a variety of adjustments, including the removal of several true combos involving Signatures, some quality of life improvements, and general power shifting.
The Gauntlets Neutral Air now has less Stun, creating Dodge Windows before certain follow-up attacks, greatly reducing the average rate of damage for this weapon. To slightly offset this loss, the Neutral Air has regained a portion of its previous Damage value. The Side Air now has reduced Fixed and Variable Force, slightly decreasing its knockback at early and moderate health ranges to better match the distance that can be traveled by most recovery options. Similar to the Neutral Air, the Gauntlets Recovery has also received a decrease to its Stun value, to open Dodge Windows at lower health ranges and reduce the Gauntlets average rate of damage.
- Gauntlets Neutral Air: Decreased Stun from 18 to 16; Increased Damage from 8 to 11.
- Gauntlets Side Air: Decreased Force from 55 Fixed/37 Variable to 53 Fixed/35 Variable.
- Gauntlets Recovery: Decreased Stun from 26 to 23.
The setup location after a Greatsword Side Light Opener has been adjusted for greater consistency when performed from a dash, increasing the total range at which a Neutral Bridge will connect. Most Greatsword Finishers performed from a full string have had their Force reduced, bringing their knockout power a bit closer in line with knockout tools on other Weapons. These Finishers still remain slightly stronger than those performed immediately after an Opener or from a Gravity Cancel.
- Greatsword Side Light Opener: Improved consistency of setup location when performed from a dash.
- Greatsword Neutral Finisher (from Neutral Bridge): Decreased Force from 90 Fixed/50 Variable to 90 Fixed/47 Variable.
- Greatsword Side Finisher (from Neutral Bridge): Decreased Force from 90 Fixed/44 Variable to 90 Fixed/42 Variable.
- Greatsword Down Finisher (from Neutral Bridge): Decreased Force from 100 Fixed/38 Variable to 100 Fixed/36 Variable.
- Greatsword Neutral Finisher (from Side Bridge): Decreased Force from 90 Fixed/48 Variable to 90 Fixed/45 Variable.
- Greatsword Side Finisher (from Side Bridge): Decreased Force from 90 Fixed/42 Variable to 90 Fixed/40 Variable.
- Greatsword Down Finisher (from Side Bridge): Decreased Force from 90 Fixed/38 Variable to 90 Fixed/36 Variable.
- Greatsword Neutral Finisher (from Down Bridge): Decreased Force from 90 Fixed/48 Variable to 90 Fixed/45 Variable.
- Greatsword Side Finisher (from Down Bridge): Decreased Force from 90 Fixed/44 Variable to 90 Fixed/42 Variable.
The Katar Neutral Light now provides a more consistent opportunity for subsequent attacks due to a minor increase in Stun time, and a slightly more vertical setup location, while positioning the opponent towards that location more aggressively. Opponents will be placed right in the path of high-reaching, high-value follow-ups such as Recovery or most Neutral Signatures, although grounded attacks such as the Down Light do not cover this area as easily. The Side Light has received a minor decrease in Damage and bonus momentum to better fit its ability to serve as a strong tool in the neutral game. Similarly, the Katar Side Air now has a shorter Hit Window, greater Recover Time, slightly decreased threat coverage, and slightly less Force to match its powerful aerial presence and spiking capability. The Down Air has received a reduction to its maximum Damage, bringing the Katar’s rate of damage closer in line with other string-based weapons, primarily in cases where the opponent was carried for the attack’s maximum distance.
- Katar Neutral Light: Increased Stun of the final hit from 14 to 15; setup location is now slightly more vertical and sends the opponent towards that location sooner.
- Katar Side Light: Decreased Damage from 13 to 11; Slightly decreased momentum from movement such as a dash.
- Katar Side Air: Decreased Hit Window from 5 to 4; Increased Recover time from 0 Fixed/17 Variable to 1 Fixed/17 Variable; Decreased overall threat coverage; Decreased Force from 57 Fixed/43 Variable to 57 Fixed/41 Variable.
- Katar Down Air: Decreased Damage from a range of 2~20 to a range of 2~14.
We have reduced the Recover time of the Spear Side Air, decreasing the risk of this attack to better match its current threat coverage and utility.
- Spear Side Air: Decreased Recover time on miss from 3 Fixed/33 Variable to 1 Fixed/33 Variable.
The Sword’s base kit had proven to be too dominant of a force in the air, so we have reined in its Neutral Air and Down Air. Both attacks now allow less acceleration and have greater Recover time on miss, creating more reliable opportunities to contest each of these options. The Down Air has also received a decrease in Stun and Force, each one serving to open a Dodge Window at most health ranges before follow-up attacks. The Exhausted Recovery’s total Damage now matches that of the normal Recovery attack, resulting in slightly less Damage.
- Sword Neutral Air: Increased Recover time on miss from 0 Fixed/24 Variable to 2 Fixed/24 Variable; Decreased the allowed acceleration during the attack.
- Sword Down Air: Decreased Force from 52 Fixed/32 Variable to 52 Fixed/28 Variable; Decreased Stun from 17 to 15; Increased Recover time on miss from 2 Fixed/24 Variable to 4 Fixed/24 Variable; Decreased the allowed acceleration during the attack.
- Exhausted Sword Recovery: Decreased Damage from 19 to 18 (is now equal with non-exhausted Sword Recovery).
The Unarmed Neutral Light could be used to break up some Weapon’s common strings without the use of a Dodge, so we have slightly increased its Time to Hit. These cases now result in both players striking at the same time if each attacks as soon as possible, and since Unarmed loses any clash against a Weapon attack, the armed player’s string will continue uninterrupted.
- Unarmed Neutral Light: Increased Time to Hit from 4 to 5.
Hattori’s Side Sword had a very long animation time on hit, and a relatively low Stun time at early health ranges, before the Force could send opponents away at a reasonable speed. This resulted in cases where the opponent could respond with an attack when struck early on. We have greatly increased the Stun time and greatly decreased the total Recover time on hit to prevent these cases.
- Hattori Side Sword: Increased Stun of final hit from 17 to 28; Decreased total Recover time on hit from 31 to 20.
Koji’s Down Bow was still too potent of a threat in relation to the base weapon kit, so we have decreased its overall threat coverage and increased its Minimum Charge time to create wider avenues for counterplay against this attack.
- Koji Down Bow: Decreased overall horizontal threat coverage, especially near the user; Increased Minimum Charge time from 5 to 7.
We have increased the Minimum Charge time of Kor’s Neutral Hammer to open a Dodge Window after a Down Light, preventing the heavily damaging true combo. Some of the lost power has been shifted in the form of slightly less Recover time for this Signature.
- Kor Neutral Hammer: Increased Minimum Charge time from 5 to 10; Decreased total Recover time from 20 to 18.
Mako’s Down Greatsword provided too much power for its overall coverage. We have decreased its Force and Damage, and slightly increased its Time to Hit and Minimum Charge time, to better match the threat coverage and utility.
- Mako Down Greatsword: Decreased Force from 65 Fixed/45 Variable to 65 Fixed/40 Variable; Increased Time to Hit from 14 to 15; Increased Minimum Charge time from 21 to 25; Decreased Damage of the wave from 20 to 18.
We have increased the total Recover time of Mordex’ Down Gauntlets to better fit its powerful potential reward.
- Mordex Down Gauntlets: Increased total Recover time on miss from 19 to 22.
Onyx Down Gauntlets and Side Cannon both provided too much priority and threat coverage with little risk. We have reduced the total threat coverage and increased the Recover time for both of these Signatures to provide more reliable paths from which to contest these options.
- Onyx Down Gauntlets: Increased total Recover time on miss from 25 to 28; Slightly decreased overall horizontal threat coverage.
- Onyx Side Cannon: Increased total Recover time on miss from 24 to 26; Slightly decreased maximum vertical and horizontal threat coverage.
Petra’s Neutral Gauntlets now have greater Recover time to provide more appropriate risk to its overall utility and reward.
- Petra Neutral Gauntlets: Increased total Recover time from 22 to 24.
Some power has been shifted from Rayman’s Axe kit into his Gauntlets kit. The Side Axe now has greater Recover time on miss, while the Down Axe has greater Recover time and Minimum Charge time, along with slightly decreased Force and Damage. In exchange, the tap versions of Rayman’s Neutral and Side Gauntlets both have greater Damage and Force, providing some more power to these quick, short-range attacks.
- Rayman Side Axe: Increased total Recover time on miss from 18 to 21.
- Rayman Down Axe: Increased Minimum Charge time from 10 to 12; Increased Recover time from 19 to 21 for the aerial version, and increased Recover time from 18 to 20 for the on-hit and grounded versions; Decreased Force from 65 Fixed/55 Variable to 58 Fixed/52 Variable; Increased Damage from 24 to 26.
- Rayman Neutral Gauntlets: Increased Damage of the tap version from 20 to 22; Increased Force of the tap version from 50 Fixed/50 Variable to 55 Fixed/52 Variable.
- Rayman Side Gauntlets: Increased Damage of the tap version from 20 to 22; Increased Force of the tap version from 50 Fixed/50 Variable to 55 Fixed/52 Variable.
Sentinel’s Down Katars now have less Damage and Force to better match its overall threat coverage in comparison to the Katar’s base kit. Some power has been shifted within his Hammer kit, trading greater Recover time on his quick Neutral Hammer anti-air for less Recover time on his lesser-used but powerful Down Hammer Signature.
- Sentinel Down Katars: Decreased Damage from a range of 28~24 to 22; Changed Force from a range of 45 Fixed/48~44 Variable to 45 Fixed/48 Variable.
- Sentinel Neutral Hammer: Increased Recover time from 17 to 21.
- Sentinel Down Hammer: Decreased total Recover time from 31 to 26.
We have increased the Minimum Charge time of Teros’ Neutral Hammer to open a Dodge Window after a Down Light. Some of this lost power from the Signature true combo has been shifted into the attack itself in the form of increased Damage. We have also decreased the rear threat coverage of Teros’ Side Hammer to provide more reliable paths to evade this attack. Teros’ Down Axe now has greater Recover time to better match its risk with its powerful potential reward.
- Teros Neutral Hammer: Increased Minimum Charge time from 10 to 11; Increased Damage from 18 to 24.
- Teros Side Hammer: Reduced threat coverage towards the rear of the attack.
- Teros Down Axe: Increased Recover time from 24 to 26.
Thatch’s Neutral Blasters now has greater Minimum Charge time to open a Dodge Window after a Down Light and prevent this highly damaging true combo.
- Thatch Neutral Blasters: Increased Minimum Charge time from 9 to 12.
Val’s Neutral Sword now has greater Recover time on miss and less overall horizontal threat coverage to allow for more reliable opportunities to contest or punish this powerful anti-air attack.
- Val Neutral Sword: Increased total Recover time on miss from 24 to 26; Decreased overall horizontal threat coverage.
Volkov’s Side Scythe previously sent opponents too far, even at low health ranges, due to its high Stun value. We have reduced the Stun and the Force to rein in the stage control gained and spiking power of this versatile Signature.
- Volkov Side Scythe: Decreased Stun of the final hit for both versions from 31 to 25; Decreased Force of the Active Input version from 55 Fixed/52 Variable to 50 Fixed/50 Variable.
Ulgrim’s Side Rocket Lance now has less Recover time for its ground landing to better fit its lengthy overall duration.
- Ulgrim Side Rocket Lance: Decreased Recovery time from 28 to 24 for the ground landing.
- Improved our clan offensive name tools.
- The default “Woohoo!” Emote now shows up first in your inventory.
- We fixed a crash that could happen in a Crew Battle lobby, where a bot was added to the lobby and then the gamemode was switched to Crew Battle
- Fixed a bug where “GG” did not show up on Xbox.
- Fixed an arm and torso layering issue with the Skål Emote.
The free-to-play Legend rotation for this week includes: Yumiko, Jiro, Nix, Dusk, Vector, Sentinel, Jaeyun, Brynn, and Onyx.
- Yumiko – Holding the appearance of a blind seamstress, this centuries old fox spirit has been brought into battle wielding her Magical Hammer and Bow!
- Jiro – Trained as a child by a powerful and secret shinobi family, Jiro comes into the arena with not only Scythe and Sword but shadow clones as well!
- Nix – Led by a thousand year hunt, this reaper, armed with both Blasters and Scythe, has found herself a new bounty in Valhalla.
- Dusk – Wielding his Spear and a powerful Orb, carved from stone and magic, Dusk seeks to spread chaos throughout Valhalla.
- Vector – Transforming into a jet with his Rocket Lance and wielding his Bow to fight, Vector travels through time and space to battle crime!
- Sentinel – The first and greatest costumed superhero in America has come to Asgard, finding those who need protecting and vanquishing injustice with his Katars and Hammer.
- Jaeyun – The legendary mercenary who has traveled across the Old Kingdom on the back of his dragon turtle companion Imugi, Jaeyun has discovered new riches and sights in Valhalla! He brings the Greatsword and Sword to battle in the Grand Tournament.
- Brynn – Competing for the pure joy of it, this Valkyrie has seen many victories due to her skill with the Axe and Spear.
- Onyx – The powerful Guardian and Protector of Castle Batavia, Onyx has been offered a place in Valhalla and now defends it ruthlessly with her Cannon and Gauntlets.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.