Treyarch has just released Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War May 27 update and we have the complete patch notes for your reading pleasure. The new update includes a brand new game mode and tons of bug fixes and stability updates.
While we do not have a file size for you just yet, the new update is available globally on all platforms and is surprisingly one of the only times Treyarch has put out two updates at the same time.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War May 27 Update Patch Notes
Here are the complete patch notes for the update:
THE ‘80S ACTION CONTINUES!
NEW MODES: RAMBO’S GUN GAME & 3V3 GUNFIGHT
Our ‘80s Action Heroes event continues with Rambo’s Gun Game in Black Ops Cold War this week! The rotation of 20 weapons gets a serious boost in firepower, as the Combat Bow, War Machine, RPG-7, and even the Death Machine get added into a fresh set of armaments. To help keep our action heroes alive, players will also be equipped with the Stimshot. Check out all the details on Rambo’s Gun Game at the Call of Duty Blog.
Die Hardpoint has become an instant fan-favorite and stands strong this week in our Multiplayer Featured Playlists, along with 12v12 Moshpit and Standoff 24/7. In addition, Snipers Only Moshpit returns to Multiplayer via the Quick Play menu for all you sharpshooters out there.
We’re also bringing 3v3 Gunfight to Multiplayer for the first time, where two teams of three throw down on our smallest maps with randomized loadouts. This one’s different from the 3v3 playlists we’ve had in the past – here, you’ll be playing purely by standard Gunfight rules without being restricted to sniper rifle loadouts or melee weapons only. We’re also testing out 6v6 gameplay on these maps for a special variant of Face Off in the near future, so keep those eyes peeled.
MULTI-TEAM ELIMINATION: UPDATES & TIPS
It’s been amazing to see all the positive responses to our new Multi-Team: Elimination mode since Season Three Reloaded kicked off! This last-team-standing experience was designed as a love letter to Blackout fans, featuring gameplay elements from Black Ops 4’s Down But Not Out LTM to keep the action moving with multiple redeploys and loot-to-survive fundamentals.
In today’s update, we’ve added some new gameplay and UI improvements based on player feedback to make Elimination even better, including increased XP values, map voting, improved ping visibility, and more. Check out the full list in the patch notes below, and watch for more updates on the way.
Additionally, we wanted to share some tips from the dev team to help your chances of success in Elimination:
- Infil: This is your first drop into the match, and can pave the way to success throughout the match. Be on the lookout for the Supply Drop chopper while in the infil plane and make your way to the package if you’re looking for the rarest items. Supply Drops contain lethal Scorestreaks like the Death Machine, War Machine, and Sentry Turrets in addition to weapons, Armor Plates, and Equipment.
- If you don’t manage to make it to a Supply Drop, don’t worry, as everyone will have access to a standard submachine gun on each infil and redeploy. This does mean that you’ll want to be ready to fight when your boots hit the ground.
- Play the Edge: For those who prefer a more peaceful start, try heading to the perimeter of the maps. While you may not get into as many engagements, the connecting areas and forests throughout the Ural Mountains are great spots to find containers to slowly build up your loadout. Keep your eyes on the expanding radiation, however, as you can easily find yourself on the wrong side of the clouds. You’ll see waypoints in the distance to give you a good idea of how quickly you need to move.
- Mid-Game: This is where things start to heat up. Each player gets five redeploys throughout the match. Redeploys occur on a rolling 30-second wave, which means anyone in the queue to redeploy will be dropping back in when that timer hits :00, as long as one of their teammates is still alive.
- If you find yourself in an engagement with an enemy squad and don’t manage to eliminate them from the match by wiping the squad, stay vigilant, as it’s likely those same enemies will be dropping right back in to get their revenge. We suggest you stay on the move after engagements or risk getting squad-wiped yourself.
- Endgame: Time for the payoff. By now, you should have your ideal loadout tailored for the eventual exfil site. If you’re battling over the rooftops in Sanatorium, a great setup might be a tactical rifle, submachine gun, and a Field Mic to detect any enemies that may try to flank your squad. If you find yourself in a more open setting like the ski slopes of Alpine, a sniper rifle, assault rifle, and a Smoke Grenade can go a long way at picking off enemies at range and providing cover for a potential exfil.
- Exfil: The decision between eliminating all enemies or attempting an exfil for the W is situational. If the area is still hot with a high number of enemies, you may want to let the other squads battle it out and hope for some wipes, or do the dirty work yourself. When the number of remaining enemies is low for the final zone, an exfil could be the right choice with the right tactics in play.
- If you do go for the exfil, make sure your squad covers the angles to the chopper while you swoop in and hook up. This is also the perfect time to equip and deploy those Scorestreaks that you managed to find along the way. Good luck!
MP + OUTBREAK FREE ACCESS BEGINS
Ready to play MP and Zombies with your friends who might not own Black Ops Cold War yet? Let them know the new Multiplayer + Outbreak Free Access period is now live today through 10AM PT June 1st!
Download Free Access from your platform’s store and jump into Die Hardpoint, Rambo’s Gun Game, Standoff 24/7, Nuketown 24/7, and more in Multiplayer, as well as Outbreak in Zombies and Onslaught on PlayStation®.
SECURE YOUR ACCOUNT FOR 2X BATTLE PASS XP
Sign up for two-factor authentication to improve your account security and get two hours of 2X Battle Pass XP! We strongly recommend adding this extra layer of account protection, which requires a third-party authentication application when logging into your Activision account. Sign up at the CallofDuty.com 2FA page here.
Starting today, anyone who enables two-factor authentication will receive two 1-hour 2X Battle Pass XP Tokens as a reward. If you’ve already enabled the feature before today, your tokens will begin rolling out tomorrow, May 28th. Enjoy!
CONTACTING ACTIVISION SUPPORT
Need help with your account or have a question about a particular issue? Support is available through the official Activision Support page, where you can access a wide range of help options. You can also follow Activision Support at @ATVIAssist on Twitter to get the latest support information regarding game updates, general tips, trending issues, and server outages.
Visit Activision Support here for more details: http://support.activision.com
If you’re looking for info on specific issues in Black Ops Cold War or Warzone™, please visit our Trello page, which serves as a one-stop hub for known issue tracking, patch notes, and game updates
2XP WEEKEND BEGINS TOMORROW
We’re kicking off the long weekend with four days of 2XP in Black Ops Cold War MP and Zombies starting tomorrow through 10AM PT Tuesday, June 1st! There’s never been a better time to unlock every Season Challenge and hit Prestige Master, so get to it.
Here’s what’s new today:
Multiplayer + Outbreak Free Access
- Free Access available for download, featuring Multiplayer and Zombies modes through June 1st.
- Addressed an issue where some players’ Season Levels were capped at Level 182 in the After Action Report and in-game scoreboard.
- Rambo’s Gun Game [NEW]
- New ‘80s Action Heroes Multiplayer mode available in Featured Playlists.
- 3v3 Gunfight [NEW]
- New 3v3 variant of Gunfight mode available in Featured Playlists.
- Increased XP values.
- Enabled map voting in the playlist.
- Increased the opacity of pings for better visibility. Pings will also be less visible while aiming down sights.
- Map loading stats that show your performance in Elimination on each map should now properly display the correct stats.
- Enemy pings will now follow the pinged player for 5 seconds. To ping an enemy player, with an enemy player in your field of view, double-tap the left d-Pad button on controller or press the Z key twice on your keyboard.
- Addressed an issue where the player would sometimes receive a UI error when being downed or killed by the Ballistic Knife.
- The “Have a Blast” Medal can now be earned with explosive Scorestreaks.
- Increased the size of Weapon Mastery badges displayed during Best Play.
- Rambo’s Gun Game [NEW]
- Die Hardpoint
- Standoff 24/7 (also available in Hardcore via Quick Play)
- Multi-Team Elimination
- Nuketown 24/7 (also available in Hardcore via Quick Play)
- 12v12 Moshpit (also available in Hardcore via Quick Play)
- Party Games
- 3v3 Gunfight [NEW]
- Multi-Team Moshpit
- Removed Checkmate from rotation in CDL Search & Destroy.
- Wonder Weapons
- Addressed an issue where players could apply an Ammo Mod to the D.I.E. Wonder Weapons.
- Addressed an issue where the Cryofreeze Ammo Mod visual FX could display on screen when walking backwards.
- Added stability fixes for Fishing.
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Cranked 2: No Time to Crank
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Mystery Munitions (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Standoff (PlayStation)
That’s everything you needed to know about the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War May 27 update. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.