Valve has released the latest Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Jan. 20 Update that is now rolling out to all the players over at Steam and we have the complete patch notes. You can now download and install this patch like any other. There are several important smaller updates and game improvements that will improve the overall experience.
This is one of the few FPS shooter games that offer wide compatibility between Windows, Mac and Linux. There are also some map updates included for the Apollo. We do not have a file size yet of this update, but it shouldn’t be very big.
Counter-Strike: GO Jan. 20 Update Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for Counter-Strike: GO Jan. 20 Update that is now live for all the players.
[ POSIX ]
– Updated to the latest version of SDL library for Linux and OSX.
[ RETAKES ]
– Improved loadout cards assignment logic.
– Fixed a crash when players change teams during freeze time.
– Enemy loadout card no longer provides enemy pistol.
– Fixed a rare case when an extra C4 could spawn.
[ MISC ]
– Adding official game servers in Argentina.
– Fixed settings search UI for non-Latin languages.
– Updated AK-47 | Anubis wear alpha
[ MAPS ]
-Fixed issues with previous update(thanks Fnugz)
-Made glass breaking more consistent (thanks T1mure)
-Replaced and realigned textures
-Fixed some gun stuck spots (thanks JustAlex)
-Deleted upsetting bench (thanks sprunk)
-Realigned some assets (thanks fnugz)
-Deleted some cans people thought were smoke grenades
-Fixed boost spots (thanks poop)
-Reduced assets in giftspot and other general optimizations for lower end computers
Let us know in the comments below if you spot any other change in the game. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.