CD Projekt Red has released Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.04 for the PC, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles along with the list of patch notes. Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S users will have to wait a tad bit longer, but the teams are working hard to bring this update soon. This is a quick hotfix update to patch early glitches and bugs.
This Hotfix Update 1.04 for Cyberpunk 2077 is all about fixing early bugs, as CD Projekt Red promised for frequent post-launch updates. On the PS4, Update 1.04 has a hefty file size of 17GB, so we are expecting a big number of issues addressed in this.
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.04 Patch Notes
Here are the patch notes for the Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.04 rolling out right now to PC, PS4 and PS5 users. Xbox consoles will get it soon, as announced by the developers.
- Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
- Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
- Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
- Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
- Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
- Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
- Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M’ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
- Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
- Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
- Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
- Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
- Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
- Other quest fixes
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
- Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
- Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.
Performance & Stability
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes.
- Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with “Disable Copyrighted Music” feature toggled on.
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
- Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.
All these frequent updates sure shows how dedicated the team is to fixing all these issues on the newly-launched game. Let us know if you see any other major change in Cyberpunk 2077.
For a list of other game changes and updates, check out our Patch Notes section.