Phoenix Labs has released this new Dauntless Update 1.6.3 (PS4 Update 1.55) for all the players and we have the full list of patch notes in case you want to read. This patch has just begun rolling out, so everyone should be able to grab this massive update in a while. There is a brand new behemoth to look forward to, along with a new island in Hunting Grounds, a new perk and a new legendary ability.
We do not have a file size that you will need to download for this Dauntless Update 1.6.3 (Infinite Radiance), but we will update once we do. There is so much to look forward in this update, so we leave the rest for you to read in the release notes and explore in the game.
Dauntless Update 1.6.3 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for the Dauntless Update 1.6.3 (PS4 Update 1.55) that is now rolling out to all supported platforms of the game:
The Chronovore has arrived in the Shattered Isles across an infinite weave of dimensions. It’s up to you to destroy it whenever it rears its head in our own timeline. Progress through the free Chronoslayer Event Pass to unlock the Chronovore’s Ultra Armour set. This Event Pass unlocks upon completing the “Impossible Isle” quest line and will never expire.
NEW ISLAND IN THE HUNTING GROUNDS
A new destination has been added to the Hunting Grounds. Travel to the Paradox Breaks and face the Chronovore. Summon the beast at the temple ruins using Chrono-Stones collected from Elder and Primal Behemoths.
NEW TECHNIQUE PERK
The Pulse perk turns every tenth hit into a critical strike. Level up this perk to increase the frequency of critical strikes. At max level, every fifth hit is a critical strike!
NEW LEGENDARY ABILITY
Craft the new Chronovore legendary weapons and control time itself. Activate this ability to rewind your Slayer’s position by three seconds. Any adverse side effects of time travel have yet to be discovered …
The Reward cache has been bolstered with new content in 1.6.3, including a brand new set of weapon skins and the new Infinity Guard armour set
LIMITED TIME ANNIVERSARY QUESTS
To celebrate our two year console anniversary, we’ve added a limited time quest line that unlocks unique Phoenix Labs themed cosmetics. This quest line will run from May 20 to 24 and requires Node IV on the Slayer’s Path to be unlocked.
We’re continuing to add Behemoth dyes back into the Shattered Isles. You can unlock the following dye rumours by meeting certain secret requirements during battle.
- Added the Riftborn dye rumour (Riftstalker)
- Added the Unbreakable dye rumour (Rockfall Skarn)
- Added the Smoulder dye rumour (Firebrand Charrogg)
- Added the Subzero dye rumour (Frostback Pangar)
- Added the new Battleforge armour set and axe skin to the in-game platinum store.
- Added the new Crucible Cleaver axe skin to the in-game platinum store.
- Added the new Battlesmith hairstyle to the in-game platinum store.
- Added the new Paradox Wings glider to the in-game platinum store.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Player movement has been smoothed out when walking over small steps and ledges. No more twisted ankles!
- Removed the cap on aetherdust and merits. Players can now accumulate as many of these currencies as they want.
Legendary weapon abilities now have a timed cooldown, in addition to refreshing when a Behemoth is killed. The activation icon shows how much time is left on the ability’s cooldown.
- Malkarion Legendaries: 2 minutes
- Torgadoro Legendaries: 1.5 minutes
- Thrax Legendaries: 2 minutes
- Agarus Legendaries: 5 minutes
- Urska Legendaries: 3.5 minutes
- Chronovore Legendaries: 1.5 minutes
- Changed the guaranteed Behemoth on Razorcliff Isle from Rezakiri to Deepfrost Embermane now that Rezakiri is the guaranteed Behemoth on the Paradox Breaks.
- Deepfrost Embermane and Sporestruck Embermane challenge ratings have been raised from three to four stars on Razorcliff Isle in the Hunting Grounds.
- Shortened Savage Wellspring’s animation to 53 frames from 70 frames.
- Fixed a bug where players could get stuck inside of the Sporestruck Charrog. Gross.
- Reckless Leap’s attack trajectory speed now increases with attack speed buffs.
- Reckless Leap now has the correct icon for “Can Interrupt” in the Move List.
- Fixed an issue where the Reckless Leap attack would miss the target at high attack speeds.
- Fixed an issue where tapping “jump” to cancel out of the glider would cause the player to run in the air. You are not a green plumber. Stop that.
- Fixed an issue where players would remain standing after being downed while mounting a Behemoth.
- Fixed an issue where fauna effects were visible despite being out of view.
- Fixed an issue where the max danger music was not playing upon reaching 100% danger.
- Decreased player disconnects by optimizing network traffic.
- Fixed a crash on Nintendo Switch that occured when claiming Hunt Pass rewards.
- Improved overall performance on Nintendo Switch.
- Fixed a bug where the damage meter in the Training Grounds would not appear for some players.
- Shadowtouched Behemoths will now correctly count for daily and weekly challenges that require you to kill umbral Behemoths.
- Activating a bulwark tonic in the middle of an attack no longer progresses objectives in Cold Stone Armoury (IV).
- Ramsgate Hunt Pass gatherables now reset at 10 a.m. PT to align with the other reset times in the game.
- Fixed a bug where a player would get stuck if two players reforged a weapon at the same time.
Let us know what you think of this update in the comments below. This is one big update and probably the last one this year. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.