Dauntless Update 1.7.4 has just been deployed by Pheonix Labs and we have the complete patch notes for you to read. The update adds a new Behemoth, Quest Line, Dye Rumor and bug fixes.
The update is available globally on all supported platforms. You can download Dauntless Update 1.7.4 right now and experience a brand new story. The release notes can be found down below.
Dauntless Update 1.7.4 Patch Notes
Here are the complete patch notes for Dauntless Update 1.7.4:
Ostia has unleashed the Phaelanx on The Blazeworks in the Hunting Grounds. Defeat Behemoths on this island to become Energized. While Energized, activate six valves to summon this affront against nature to the forge arena. Destroy it enough times to craft unique weapons and armour from its parts.
For those who want to use more abilities, we introduce Omnisurge! This new perk reduces the cooldown of your omnicell abilities (5/8/11/14/17/20%), and on omnicell activation, it reduces the cooldown of your lantern ability (20/30/40% at rank 4/5/6).
NEW QUEST LINE
Show Ostia that Slayers are the ultimate weapon. Talk to Admiral Janek Zai in Ramsgate to begin the First Blood quest line. Completing this quest line will reward you with the new Scorchwing Reborn chest and Scorchwing Visionary helmet rumours.
NEW WEAPON SKIN RUMOURS
We’ve added the EN-MS1 Long Shot war pike skin rumour at the launch of 1.7.4. The EN-GA1 Execution Decree axe skin rumour releases on September 16. Players must complete the EN-MS1 Long Shot rumour for this second rumour to drop.
NEW DYE RUMOUR
Unlock the Sagacity dye rumour by meeting certain secret requirements while battling against a Winterhorn Skraev. To start the rumour quests, speak to Gregario after obtaining the rumour drop.
- The Nimble perk’s stamina refund increased for ranks 4, 5, and 6. All ranks now generate a stamina shield (max 50) with excess granted stamina.
- The Swift perk now applies sheathed movement speed bonus to nearby allies across all ranks of the perk.
- The Swift perk movement speed bonus now persists after unsheathing for a short time.
THE HUNTING GROUNDS
- Reduced part health scaling for Behemoths on The Blazeworks so parts are easier to break in a reasonable amount of time.
- Heroic Razorwing Kharabak now spawns on The Blazeworks.
- The damage bonuses from the Marksman Chamber’s abilities are now calculated as an additive, rather than multiplicative modifier. This means slightly less damage output.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Improved colliders and hitboxes.
- Improved the interrupt window and interruptible areas — now players must hit the head or shoulders to interrupt Nayzaga. Knees and toes remain protected from interrupt.
- Updated and polished the model. Lookin’ good Naynay!
- Updated the name of the “Screams of the Shrike” repeaters so they aren’t too close to the name of the “Scream of the Shrike” war pike. They are now “Eyes of the Shrike”.
- Thunderdeep Drask weapons now have corresponding mastery cards.
- The Skarn lantern now does its full damage as advertised. It was short by one tick of damage.
- Fixed a bug where Urska’s legendary ability wasn’t accounting for perks in its damage calculation against Behemoths — it was only working properly against fauna.
- Aetheric Evasion now triggers only once per successful dodge as intended.
- The Discipline omnicell now generates just a single stack per successful parry.
- Fixed an issue with the Disciplined state where it persisted too long.
- The Tempest omnicell now generates just a single stack per successful dodge.
- The Tempest omnicell now properly includes the consumed stack of Velocity in its damage calculation.
- Removed an incorrect fire visual effect at the base of Hellion’s feet.
- Shadowtouched Koshai’s antlers now disappear when broken off.
- Fixed Nayzaga’s jaw during a backhand attack animation.
- Fixed a bug where Shrikes tails were not always taking part damage.
- Fixed a bug where the tail’s wound effect was showing on Shrike’s leg.
- Fixed a bug where Skraevs tails were not always taking part damage.
- The Escalation Boost’s UI no longer overlaps the cosmetic crowns.
- The Escalation Boost’s time remaining text won’t appear when you’ve already purchased the Escalation Boost.
- Malkarion, Torgadoro, Thrax, Agarus, and Urska mastery pages are unlocked when the corresponding Hard Escalation is unlocked.
- The omnicell craft tracking now shows the correct icon and type.
- The player will now see the correct platinum skip options on their active objectives.
- The Sovereign Dye Rumour quest now properly references Koshai instead of Heroic Koshai.
- The Full Bore Chamber has a brand spanking new icon.
- Leveling UI now correctly displays “MAX” when you are at max level.
THE HUNTING GROUNDS
- Replaced the idle animation on the Ostian Enforcers on The Blazeworks to a smoother one.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.