Automaton Games has just deployed Deceit Oct. 7 Update, and we have the complete list of patch notes for you to read. This patch introduces a brand new HRTF Audio system, enabling players to better locate where sounds are coming from. Moreover, the latest update also marks the beginning of October ranked season and Halloween. It also brings several gameplay changes as well as stability improvements.
You can download and install this patch right away after the maintenance break is over. We don’t have the file size for this patch yet, but we’ll upload it here as soon as we get our hands on it. You can find all the relevant information regarding Deceit Oct. 7 Update down below.
Deceit Patch Notes: Oct. 7 Update
Here is the official list of patch notes for Deceit Oct. 7 Update:
Fuses They’re back! This year we’ve released a fair few different ways to turn the power back on and progress to the next area during the night period. Through taking on feedback from the community and many play sessions, we’ve developed an updated fuse system that brings together the strengths of the different versions we’ve tried.
When the lights go out, you’ll see a power bar at the top of your screen that, once filled, will open the doors and allow you to progress to the next area. If you’re innocent (or pretending to act as one!), find a fuse dispenser that will be highlighted to you on the walls to collect a fuse. Once you have a fuse, fuse boxes will be highlighted where you can attach the fuse, and gain power. Be careful though, holding a fuse will periodically reveal you to Terrors causing them to hunt you down. If a Terror manages to swipe you down whilst you’re holding a fuse it’ll be destroyed and you’ll have to find another when you respawn.
HRTF (aka “Binaural Audio”)Our audio system has had a bit of a revamp with this update, introducing HRTF Audio Spatialisation. This will enable players to better locate where sounds are coming from by more realistically modelling how your ears perceive directionality, so no more sneaky Terrors popping up behind you without you noticing! With this change we’ve adjusted a lot of the in-game sounds, including adding occlusion to sounds that should be muffled by walls. If you’re using surround on your headphones, we recommend switching to stereo to have the best experience.
Terror Visual UpdateThe Game Master’s serum has been tweaked slightly, causing those infected with the virus to appear quite differently when in their Terror form. Once affected by damage, Terrors will now glow brighter and brighter (linked to their remaining health), up until their expulsion where they will dramatically disintegrate into nothing. Alongside this, Terrors that are Enraged will now have a notable aura around them to indicate that they are ready-to-kill.
Ranked SeasonOctober’s ranked season has begun! Congratulations to everyone who placed highly in September’s ranked season – and gained the elusive crowns and ranked booth tokens. October’s ranked season will run up until Monday November 8th. Please note, as of the Labyrinth update – perks are no longer tied to seasons, and you will keep all earned perks, unless you prestige.
Halloween Our favourite time of the year is almost here! This year’s Halloween event is scheduled to be released on October 14th and will run up until Monday November 8th. In addition to some awesome seasonal cosmetics, we’re also releasing the first iteration of our item upgrade system. Collect consumable upgrades on the Labyrinth that you can equip in-game to give your item unique flair – this could be anything from a jack-in-a-box trap, to an armour upgrade that makes you appear ghostly. Be sure to check our socials for more details and previews over the next week.
- Shooting Fuse Boxes in the day now requires you to hit the Tamper Box, rather than the whole Fuse Box.
- Reward Crates can now be tampered with whilst their linked task is still being completed.
- With the removal of Generators, the Werewolf’s Howl now causes players to lose their fuses instead of cancelling their current interaction.
- Viewing terrors on the main menu will now turn the menu dark – more accurately depicting what they look like in game.
- The Yeti’s ‘Frozen Fury’ ability now shields for an extra 50 health, bringing it up to 200 upon initial use.
- The outlines used for highlighting objects you can interact with have been adjusted and, for a lot of them, no longer show through walls.
- The bleeding out duration (after being executed or lethal’d) is now 20s, down from 30s.
- The Tutorial has had several improvements & fixes as well as being updated to include the Fuses.
- Our in-game translations have been updated thanks to our Community Translators.
- [FIXED] The hitbox on Tamper Boxes is much larger than the actual model size.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.