Demon’s Souls is now receiving Update 1.004 on the PS5 on December 14 and you can download it right away. We have the complete patch notes below for you to read through and see what has changed or added to the game.
This is one of those long-time running games that fans still want to play, and after a long campaign of requesting the developers to make a remastered version of Demon’s Souls, it was finally made. In the main highlights of this changelog, Golden Coin glitch has now been fixed, damage numbers now seem to be capped to the enemy’s total health and some new DualSense sound effects added for item uses.
Demon’s Souls Update 1.004 Patch Notes
Here are the patch notes for the Demon’s Souls Update 1.004 on the PlayStation 5 (PS5) with some console-specific update and changes. Bluepoint has not released an official list of patch notes, but we have an unofficial list that we would like to share below.
- Activity Cards for warping to Archstones now function correctly.
- Message appraisals now display correctly, the text and numbers no longer overlap.
- Network setting “Invasion Limit” has been removed
- Network setting “Server Selection” now displays the correct latency(ms). The closest server should now show the lowest ping.
- With “Show Helmet” off in the options, a new crossed out eye icon will show on the helmet in the UI.
- Golden Coin glitch has been fixed.
- Ring of Magical Nature would give a free spell slot by attuning a spell with it equipped, attuning a spell and then removing it. This has been fixed.
- Ring of Longevity would allow rapid health regeneration when quickly equipping and removing it. This has been fixed.
- Damage numbers now seem to be capped to the enemy’s total health.
- Some new DualSense sound effects added for item uses such as consuming warrior/hero souls.
- Players are no longer able to break the standard progression route.
- As an example; this bug made it possible to load 4-4, then warp to say 5-1 and close the game as soon as 5-1 stops loading. Then, upon opening the game again and killing one’s self, it’d warp to 5-4.
- As originally intended, you can now obtain the Large Sword of Searching from any curved sword, not just from a scimitar.
This is what we have for the Demon’s Souls Update 1.004 so far. If you see any other gameplay related change or something new in the game, do let us know in the comments below.