Dirt 5 Update 4.01 has just been released on all supported platforms and we’ve gotten ahold of the complete patch notes. The update brings in the entirely new Uproar Content Pack with tons of bug fixes and additional content for various game modes. You probably should read the entire official patch notes down below to get an idea of the extensive update.
Currently, the Uproar Content Pack is a separate pack that is included in the Amplified and Year One Editions. Sadly, we do not have an update size for the patch. However, you should be able to download the patch as soon as you try and launch the game on any of the supported platforms.
Dirt 5 Update 4.00 Patch Notes
Dirt 5 Update 4.0 has been released on the 30th of March 2021 for Steam, Windows, PlayStation, and Google Stadia. Here are the complete patch notes.
Content and Features
- Uproar Content Pack (separate pack, included in Amplified Edition and Year One Upgrade versions
- After Dark Playgrounds Update – 20+ new items available to use in Create mode, including new loop-de-loop
- Night-time conditions for Arizona and Italy Playgrounds
- New official liveries: BMW M1 Procar, SUBARU WRX STI RX Supercar, SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally, and MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION VI.
- Private lobbies: Online play includes private lobbies option for up to eight players via invite, with custom race event options
- Verified Creators: Icon added to Playgrounds creations designed by selected top creators
- New menu added to view profile statistics, including total mileage driven
- Steam and Windows Store: Shadows cast by cars from the sun are now ray traced shadows
- Fixed instances of game crashes occurring when attempting to sign into a profile already assigned to another controller/input
- Scrolling statistics when waiting for an Online multiplayer now show the user’s total distance driven in miles, not metres
- Xbox: Fixed instances of crashes during the ‘Lion’s Head’ Rally Raid Career event
- Fix for some instances of game freeze/soft lock at the end of the event
- Fixed mute options for other players in Online public events
- PC: Fixed instances of multiple Fanatec wheels generating throttle and brake inputs when idle
- Button mappings on multiple Fanatec wheels have been resolved and refined, including the CSW Elite series and Universal Hub
- PC: Resolved issue where operating photo mode with a keyboard would cause the camera to move
- PlayStation: Fix for reports of frame rate drops when using Thrustmaster T-150 wheel
- Playgrounds: Resolved occurrences of leaderboards not loading, triggering a network error
- Split-screen: Mini-map will now display correctly in split-screen events
- Xbox: Fix for shifter pattern on Logitech G920
- Xbox: Fix for instances of graphical corruptions when entering photo mode during an event
- PC: Fixed occurrences of driver animations not triggering as designed on a number of PC configs and graphics cards
Dirt 5 Update 4.01 Patch Notes
Just after the previous update was released, Dirt 5 Update 4.01 was released on March 30 2021 and acts as a hotfix. Here are the complete patch notes for the update. This update too, is available on all supported platforms.
- PS5: Further fixes and optimizations that aim to improve frame rate performance and consistency
- Fixed instances of the camera acting erratically during events, after exiting photo mode or looking behind the car
- Xbox One: Further fixes for instances of crashes
- Fix for instances of freezes/soft locks at the end of Career events on PS5 and Steam
We hope you are as excited for the new Dirt 5 Update 4.00 / 4.01 as we are! With a new content-filled update, we’re sure you are going to have a lot of fun driving around the countryside. For more game news and patch notes, take a look at our Patch Notes section.