Media Molecule has just deployed Dreams Update 2.32, and we have the complete patch notes for you to read through. The update primarily brings several accessibility changes in settings, logic changes, new timeline additions and updated thermometer details and much more. Moreover, the update includes several bug fixes and stability improvements as well.
The update is available globally on all supported platforms as a mandatory download. All the relevant information regarding the Dreams patch notes for Update 2.32 has been added in the next section. We don’t have the actual size of this update yet, but we’ll upload it here as soon as we get our hands on it.
Dreams Update 2.32 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for Dreams Update 2.32 that is now rolling out on all the supported platforms of the game:
- Subtitle Options – We’ve added the ability to select the colour of the subtitle text and background in the My Preferences menu, as well as adjust the opacity of the subtitle background.
- New Health Manager Damage Multiplier Tweak – Added a new tweak to the Health Manager, allowing for management of how much health is affected by Health Modifiers (e.g. reduce the amount of damage if a character has armour).
- Fog Range and Sun Brightness Improvement – We’ve increased the maximum Fog Range up to 50,000m with this update, and the maximum Sun Brightness to 1000% (previously this was 200%).
- Teleporter Ordering – A new tweak has been added to the Teleporter, allowing for creators to choose which Teleporters to activate first when there are multiple in one frame.
Video showing new Teleporter Ordering.
- Keyframe Purpose Feedback – Added a visual identifier to inform when a Keyframe is ‘empty’ – meaning it is not currently linked to anything in the scene.
- Sun/Sky Gizmo – The rod on this gizmo is now grabbable, so you can rotate the sun without the risk of changing how far along the rod it is.
Video showing new Sun & Sky Gizmo.
- Switch – The name of a Switch will now scroll if named something longer than is viewable. Previously, this text would be truncated. Additionally, a visual change has been made to the gadget icon to show when it’s in an ‘on’ position.
Video showing changes to the Switch.
- Grid Snap for Timelines – Added a Timeline Snap button to Timelines, separating this from the Grid Snap found in the Guides menu. The Grid Snap option in the Guides menu no longer affects Timelines, as they can each have their own individual setting. Consequently, while previously Timelines set to “Beats” would always snap to the nearest beat or bar, with the Timeline Snap toggle there can now be free movement of Timeline elements.
Video showing changes to Grid snap for timelines.
- Grid Snap Usability Improvement – Objects keep their orientation when held by the user with Grid Snap on and the camera is rotated.
- Timeline Sidebar Changes – Creators can now press to return all solo’d and/or muted rows to their original state. Simply hover over a mute or solo button and press . Also a minor visual change helps better differentiate between which rows are solo’d.
Video showing changes to the Timeline sidebar.
- Timeline Frame Number – When zoomed in significantly on a Timeline, the time bar will automatically switch from seconds to frame numbers.
Video showing new Frame numbers on a Timeline.
- Reduce Most Detailed – It actually works! With this update, when using the Sculpture Detail tool, you’ll be able to use + to automatically find the most detailed sculpture in your scene and reduce its detail.
Video showing the Reduce Most Detailed feature.
- Thermometer More Details – The More Details button for the Thermometer will now display usage up to 2 decimal places, allowing for more precise information.
- Font Number – Added a number indicator to the Font selection tweak. Note that numbers represent internal font ID’s, so are not in ascending order. Additionally, some fonts are unavailable in certain regions, so there may be spaces between numbers.
Video showing new Font Numbers.
- Blocked Creations – Blocked creations are now marked when provided as a search result.
- Welcome Home Quest Prizes – If a user has deleted local save data and returned to the homespace, they will now be able to unlock the Welcome Home prizes again.
- Indreams URL in creation descriptions – You can now link to other creations by putting the indreams.me URL in your creation’s description.
- Fixed: A bug where irrelevant creations can skew results of Community Jams, as seen in the Word Jam.
- Fixed: A bug where a user can be recommended a tutorial for motion controllers, even though they had never used motion controllers.
- Fixed: A bug where collection description and title would leave empty space in the text box.
- Fixed: A bug where Step 5 of imp gameplay in tutorials would not proceed when using stick controls.
- Fixed: Various UI and text overlap visual issues.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: Media Molecule