Frontier Developments has deployed the new Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 6.01 just now and we have the full list of patch notes. This patch is more of a hotfix with plenty of bug fixes and small changes to the game. There is a whole lot to read through the notes for all the little improvements the developers have made.
You should be able to download and install Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 6.01 right away as it is now live and the server maintenance is over. Everything you need to know regarding this update has been covered in the full release notes below.
Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 6.01 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 6.01 that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:
- The bartender has had a stern talking to. They now promise to no longer crash your game when you try and sell your goods to them.
- There is a small chance that the bartender could be a little stubborn…If you encounter this issue again, give one of us a nudge.
- An issue has been fixed whereby NPC’s would no longer use flashlights in the dark making it very hard to see…well…anything.
- This fix also applies for Scavengers.
- An issue has been fixed whereby Commanders were unable to aim down the sight of the Intimidator weapon.
- Some players experienced a ‘Black Adder’ disconnect when purchasing and equipping a livery item. Instances of this should now be resolved.
- An issue has been fixed whereby point defense turrents were failing to destroy hatch breaker limpets.
- Fixed POI (retrieval) mission progression.
- Some Commanders were experiencing an issue whereby they couldn’t hand in item retrieval missions. These instances are now fixed.
- ‘Hold E to Loot’ was proving an absolute nightmare for many. We’ve listened and understood, thereby reverting the action back to being a single button press.
- An issue has been fixed whereby auto launch would eject ships to outside of mass lock range.
- An issue has been fixed whereby torches would not be visible in the camera suite, nor on other players in an instance.
- An issue has been fixed whereby Ship Launched Fighter crew would get a little overconfident with their acknowledgements
- Things were a little hairy for a second!
- An issue has been fixed whereby the Ship AI could disengage super cruise too close to stars.
- An issue has been fixed whereby ambient occlusion would not render correctly at certain resolutions – including when using FSR.
- “Balanced” can be selected in the FSR graphics options!
- Courtesy of AMD: “Balanced mode produces a super resolution image approximating native rendering quality, with a major performance gain compared to native.”
- Ultra Quality (1.3x Dimension Scaling, 1.69x Area Scaling, Resolution 77%)
- Quality (1.5x Dimension Scaling, 2.25x Area Scaling, Resolution 67%)
- Balanced (1.7x Dimension Scaling, 2.89x Area Scaling, Resolution 59%)
- Performance (2.0x Dimension Scaling, 4.00x Area Scaling, Resolution 50%)
- Fix for FSR not working with VR HMD virtual flatscreen.
- Made some improvements to stability.
- These are usually fixes to “random crashes” encountered by Commanders who send through crash logs. The issues lie often deep within code with non specific triggers of great detail.
Elite Dangerous is now available for the consoles and PC. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.