Epic Games is currently deploying the new Fortnite Update v17.30 and we have the full list of patch notes for those interested. This patch looks like the developers are preparing the game for the Rift Tour which is scheduled to kick off on August 6. Not just that, there is plenty more we can expect will be added to the main game modes.
We currently do not have the update file size for Fortnite Update v17.30 (PS5 Update 01.000.036), but will add it here once we have it. This patch should be slowly going live for all the players, so until then all you can do is wait for the full roll out.
Fortnite Update v17.30 Patch Notes
Here are the complete patch notes for Fortnite Update v17.30 coming out for all supported platforms:
FILE ON THE GRAB-ITRON
Sometimes called a “UFO in your hands” by the IO or a “portable ordinary aircraft” by the Aliens, you can use this weapon to pull in objects that are in front of you. (This one’s a doozy.) Pull in an object with its flying disc, take it along with you, then launch it at an opponent. How much damage it deals depends on how big it is, what it’s made of, and its launch speed.
The Grab-itron isn’t only for offense. If you have an object pulled in, that object will block damage coming from in front of you — until it can endure damage no longer. Also: try using the Grab-itron to catch incoming explosives and propel them back. Grab-itrons can be found in Chests, on top of Abductors, and inside the Mothership.
What else is new in Fortnite Battle Royale in v17.30:
SLURPY SWAMP SCRAMBLE
Planned from the very beginning, the Aliens have unleashed their newest tactic: abducting certain POIs. A giant tractor beam from the Mothership currently envelops Slurpy Swamp, lifting this industrial district to its untimely demise.
A POI being abducted may be a cause for concern, but you could also look at it as a new battle strategy. An entire district like Slurpy Swamp is quite heavy, so the tractor beam has no choice but to break it up into chunks as it lifts it. While you’re in the low-gravity tractor beam, jump from platform to platform, maneuvering around your opponents with nimbleness.
Abducting a whole POI isn’t something that happens overnight, so keep checking back throughout the week to see how the abduction has progressed.
NEW LTM: TEAM BRAWL!
Enjoy the close combat of a small Storm circle? Want to get right back into the action after respawning? In the new Team Brawl Limited Time Mode, compete with your team to reach 60 eliminations before the other team. If you get eliminated, you’ll respawn by plummeting to the ground instead of skydiving, ensuring you get back to the brawl right away.
You’ll be given a new loadout at the start and each time you respawn. Matches take place at a single POI, and the POI’s non-player buildings are extra strong for better protection. The other team outdoing yours? Don’t throw in the towel yet — if they’re too far ahead in eliminations, you’ll be lended a helping hand. All the team’s players will become marked in your view and visible behind walls. These effects expire when the lead lowers by a certain amount.
Team Brawl will go live on August 5, 2021, at 9 AM ET. Get ready for this fast-paced new mode!
- IO R&D has paid off: the Pulse Rifle now does more damage when aiming down sights.
- The Heavy Assault Rifle now deals increased damage, has a slightly reduced fire rate, and for the first few shots, has a higher accuracy than before.
MAJOR BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue with Fortnite’s “3D Headphones” option on PlayStation 5 in which stereo sounds wouldn’t spatialize, resulting in the stereo sounds being 2D. (This would especially impact close-range gunfire.)
- Please note: In order for the “3D Headphones” option in Fortnite to take effect, 3D audio must be enabled in your PlayStation 5’s system settings. (Settings > Sound > Audio Output > Enable 3D Audio).
- Fixed an issue involving vehicle radios not playing at times when trying to turn them on.
- Fixed an issue involving vehicles driving erratically, caused by the player in control being in a Prop state. Vehicles can no longer be interacted with if the player is in a Prop state.
- Please note that the Grab-itron is not present in competitive playlists.
Here is a list of a couple of issues we think the Fortnite developers should have fixed in this release – as per the official issues board:
Wrong Event Ticket displayed on the Beyond Stellar Horizons quest
Wrong event ticket display is attached to the Beyond Stellar Horizon quest. Players will still get the correct Road Trip ticket after completing the quest.
Healing Build Attached perk not restoring the proper amount
Healing build attached perk is healing for 0.71% of a structures health instead of its intended 4.8%.
Fortnite is now available on the PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, Android and iOS platforms. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.