Epic Games has released the new Fortnite v15.20 update today on January 13 and we now have the complete list of patch notes. This is the first Season 5 update to roll out this new year and it comes with new content and features. To start off, Fortnite v15.20 brings a new Lever Action Shotgun in the game that can take down enemies in a single shot. Secondly, you will also find a new Exotic weapon called Hop Rock Dualies.
The file size of this update is about 2.11 GB and was scheduled to go live on Jan. 13 at 3AM CT (9AM UTC). You can download this latest patch on all supported platforms of the game. We have covered the official patch notes, bug fixes and also some of the datamined content below.
Fortnite v15.20 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for the Fortnite v15.20 update that is now already live for everyone.
The Lever Action Shotgun
Blow ’em away! The new Lever Action Shotgun is no peashooter – one well-aimed blast is enough to drop even the heartiest foe. Available in regular loot drops, pick one up and let us know what you think.
New Exotic: Hop Rock Dualies
Look out below! Get the drop on your opponents with the new Exotic-class weapon, the Hop Rock Dualies. Lay down a few Bars and pick this up to shred through the enemy in dual-wielding, bouncing style.
Speaking of Exotics, their reduced price offer has been extended. Visit key Characters on the Island and trade in your Bars for these unique weapons, or try and collect ’em all in once match!
Something Stirs In The Jungle
The forest is moving… something’s out there! The Secret Battle Pass Outfit stalks closer, leaving behind clues in the Stealthy Stronghold about who they are and what they might be planning.
Meanwhile, Agent Jones is bringing in a few big guns with the next pair of Hunters to join in the chaos.
Pre-edit Options: Redux
We’ve heard your feedback in response to our Pre-Edits Options in 15.10 and have made adjustments to the setting. With ‘Disable Pre-Edits’ ON all player-built structures will be uneditable until actually placed in the environment, ensuring you get the right piece ever time.
- Sound effect audio delay fixed for consoles.
- Owners of the Flip Reset Lobby Track will be regranted the track with the release of the v15.20 game update.
- Multipoint Edge Glider deforming in midair
- Michonne Outfit visual issues with cape Back Blings.
- Game freezing when going to the Compete tab on PlayStation/Xbox.
- Sand Tunneling Renabled.
- Total Bars appearing as 0 in a match.
- Hypernova Outfit appearing as a different Outfit in the Lobby and in-match.
- Rebooted players may see an already completed Bounty.
Save the World
- Quest progress not instantly updating in the HUD and Quest Log.
- Broken pickaxe animations.
- The exception of the Bash Burner Pickaxe
- Voice chat issues on Android.
- The player loses all movement after jumping through the Zero Point.
In addition to the above patch notes, Fortnite has released an official list of patch notes covered below:
Lazy Links Prefabs
Time to dust off the set of clubs and hit the range. The Lazy Links Prefabs are now available!
Cowboy Repeater Rifle
Keep your fingers on the trigger with a steady aim. Add a little flavor to your Island with the Cowboy Repeater Rifle.
WEAPONS AND ITEMS
- Added the Cowboy Repeater Rifle in Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary variants.
PREFABS AND GALLERIES
- Added 3 Lazy Links Prefabs and 1 Gallery:
- Lazy Links Clubhouse
- Lazy Links Pro Shop
- Lazy Links Garage
- Lazy Links Gallery
ISLANDS BUG FIXES
- Ice Lake maps no longer have a rectangular cutout in their center.
GAMEPLAY BUG FIXES
- Fixed several issues that could cause Husks to become stuck in place.
- Fixed an unfriendly error message that occurred when leaving a server while an iIsland was loading.
- Map information on matchmaking portals is now obscured by walls.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to spawn above an Island instead of on Player Spawn Pads.
- Fixed an issue where the Island code details widget could disappear while inputting an Island code.
WEAPONS AND ITEMS BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where X-4 Stormwings destroyed outside the island safe volume left lingering visual elements.
- Fixed an issue causing some vehicles to move backwards after exiting them.
PREFABS AND GALLERIES BUG FIXES
- Agency Lower Level prefab no longer has pieces that break upon placement on the ground.
- Fixed an issue where one of the roof assets in the Racetrack Gallery provided the wrong material when destroyed.
DEVICES BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where player orientation appeared skewed to others when spawning from a Player Spawn Pad placed at an angle.
- “Create Only” option on Player Spawn Pads now functions correctly if the player returns to Creative mode from a game.
- HUD Message Device will now correctly respect the Placement setting.
This is everything we know so far about this latest Fortnite v15.20 update and their full patch notes. If there are any more changes in this update, we will update the above notes. So we recommend checking back in an hour or so to see if the detailed patch notes are out yet.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.