Guilty Gear Strive Update 1.09 patch notes are now available by Arc System Works, and you can read them all here in this article. The next patch is going to bring several new balance updates along with the newest DLC fighter, Jack-O, as a playable character and includes bug fixes as well.
This update will start rolling out tomorrow to all the consoles. Once it goes live, you should be able to download and install Guilty Gear Strive Update 1.09. Everything you need to know regarding this patch, has been added in the full release notes below.
Guilty Gear Strive Update 1.09 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for Guilty Gear Strive Update 1.09 that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:
- Added Jack-O’ as a playable character
- Added Jack-O’ BGM “Perfection Can’t Please Me”
- Reduced input delay on PS4 Pro/PS5 versions (PS4 Standard gets this in the future)
- Fixed an issue where the Counter Setting action options would be displayed incorrectly after matching in Training Mode with the Training Environment set to reflect the prior match.
- Fixed an error where replay data would not be saved properly.
- Replay data saved in battle version 1.03 of the game may not be played back correctly after applying this update.
- Fixed an issue where the effect would not display properly when a Counter Hit and Wall Break happened simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue where the position of the opponent’s character would change greatly after following up on a Dust Attack.
- Fixed an issue where some sound effects such as flames hitting would be played back repeatedly in certain situations.
- Adjusted the BGM volume of some songs, such as battle themes from previous games.
- Fixed errors in certain in-game text.
Major Confirmed Issue
- Network features are completely inaccessible under certain play environments. We are continuing to look into and address this issue.
- Any players experiencing this issue, please contact customer support with the following information: type of console, internet provider, model number of router or network adapter in use and if possible, an image of teh error message or a video showing when the error occurs.
Character Balance and Bug Fixes
- Adjustments to battle balance are planned to take place in August and October. This update focuses on changes to identified issues, such as individual moves.
- We are also currently looking into improving and making changes to overall mechanics as well as certain actions such as projectile special moves and grounded overhead attacks in the update scheduled for October.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: Guilty Gear Strive