Guerrilla Games has released the new Horizon Zero Dawn Update 1.09 on December 8 for PC (Steam) users along with the full list of patch notes for our viewing pleasure. If you own the PC Steam version of Horizon Zero Dawn, you should be able to download this update right now.
There are no new features added into this update, as it is mainly centered around tons of bug fixes and crashes that have been addressed. We don’t have a file size yet, but it is recommended that you download this patch and install it right away.
Horizon Zero Dawn Update 1.09 Patch Notes
Here are the complete list of patch notes for Horizon Zero Dawn Update 1.09:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching resolutions
- Fixed a crash that occurred during the cutscene during main quest “The Face of Extinction” after objective “Defend The Ridge”
- Fixed a cause of GPU hangs on certain combinations of GPU/driver/memory
- Improved the automatic Shader Optimization step in the menu – The optimization step message should now show less frequently on mid-/higher spec machines (please note you are also able to skip it on most machines!)
- Added a VRAM Gauge that indicates amount of VRAM available and used, to help you optimize graphical settings for your hardware
- Fixed RenderTarget aliasing, which reduces VRAM usage which may improve performance, texture quality and model quality
- Fixed HDR looking washed out on certain HDR configurations
- Fixed Depth Buffer Copies which should fix multiple graphical glitches
- Fixed graphical glitches due to RenderTarget aliasing not working correctly
- Fixed that fog turned off when you turn off shadows in graphical settings
- Fixed plant simulation at frame rates higher than 30FPS
- Fixed that holding W when looting no longer stops registering other keys until release
- Fixed several warning message localization issues on Windows
- Improved the benchmark results screen
Let us know what you think of this PC update for Horizon Zero Dawn on Steam. This game is available for just $20 on Windows. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.