The developers at Guerilla Games have just released Horizon Zero Dawn Update 1.11 for PC, and we have the complete patch notes for your reading pleasure. This patch allows NVIDIA users to use their DLSS technology for enhanced performance. Plus, there are other performance improvements as well.
The update is live and rolling out on PC and will be a mandatory download. You’ll be able to find all the relevant information regarding Horizon Zero Dawn Patch Notes Update 1.11 down below.
Horizon Zero Dawn Patch Notes: Update 1.11 for PC
Here are the complete patch notes for the Horizon Zero Dawn Update 1.11 coming out on PC:
We’re happy to announce we’ve just released Patch 1.11 for our PC players. Here’s what this patch contains:
- Added Nvidia’s DLSS upscaling technology.
- Added AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution, replacing FidelityFX CAS.
- Adjusted settings screen to facilitate the addition of DLSS and FSR.
- Render Scale option has been removed but same result can now be accomplished by adjusting setting Upscale Method to Simple and adjusting Upscale Quality.
- Improvement to the shader management system. This will result in a few noticeable differences:
- There is no longer a shader pre-compilation step on startup. The game will always compile shaders during loading and in the background.
- Stutters during gameplay that used to occur due to background shader compilation have now been significantly reduced.
- Because shader compilation is still happening in the background you may notice the game having a higher CPU utilization while that is happening.
- Loading screens will wait for the required shaders to be fully compiled. This may cause loading screens to take somewhat longer on certain systems.
- On higher spec machines with faster CPUs the loading screens will typically be shorter, due to more efficient shader compilation that better leverages high-end CPUs.
Please ensure your game is up-to-date before heading back out into the wilds, and reach out to us if you’re still experiencing any issues. We appreciate all of your wonderful support and feedback; we wish you a fun-filled festive period!
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.