Valve has deployed the latest Left 4 Dead 2 July 8 Update today for everyone and here are the complete list of patch notes. The new changes are basically bug fixes and small improvements in various aspects of the game, along with security and exploit fixes. We wish to see lots of new content added to the game, but it seems highly unlikely.
Left 4 Dead 2 July 8 Update is now available to download, update and install for all the players via the Steam client. Downloading of this patch should automatically begin when you start Steam. All the relevant information you need to know regarding this patch has been covered in the notes below.
Left 4 Dead 2 July 8 Update Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for Left 4 Dead 2 July 8 Update that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:
- Fixed a crash when skipping the intro movie with a controller
- Set FOV value as archived
- Inverted brightness slider to be more intuitive
- Fixed a crash caused by an out-of-bounds memory write in the common infected shader
- Improved performance of “IsL4D1Campaign” query, and exposed the call to script
- Water slowdown is disabled only when playing L4D1 Versus or L4D1 Coop mutations in original L4D1 maps. New script variable “WaterSlowsMovement” can manage the feature for other custom modes.
- Numerous security and exploit fixes
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.