Riot Games have updated yet another of their games with Legends of Runeterra Update 2.0 and we have the complete patch notes for you to read. There are several new additions and changes in this big update. The developers have kicked off the new year with this latest patch which introduces our first-ever Co-Op vs. AI experience. A new Guardian is also available in the store.
You can expect several card updates in this Legends of Runeterra Update 2.0, along with a new lab mode and a new guardian called Ellie. You can read more about this update in the release notes below.
Legends of Runeterra Update 2.0 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for the Legends of Runeterra Update 2.0 that will be going live tomorrow on January 13 for everyone.
“We will be aiming to make balance changes based on our metagame analysis and community feedback on a monthly basis,” Riot said. “However, as will all live development, this may not be true for every single month – we may occasionally make off-cadence changes, such as this change to Pack Your Bags coming in 2.0.0, which was originally planned for a release in 2.1.0 in February.”
Pack Your Bags
- Cost: 1 → 5
“When players are able to transform Go Hard, the Pack Your Bags form frequently creates a situation that’s unmanageable to play against given its board impact compared to cost. There should be a powerful payoff when players are able to successfully transform Go Hards, but it should give the opposing player more meaningful counterplay options leading up to Pack Your Bags.”
New Lab: Co-Op vs. AI – United Front
Patch 2.0.0 brings a new rotation to Multilab:
- United Front (New in 2.0.0)
- Quick Draw
- Welcome to the Jungle
“Heimerdinger is always looking for his next great experiment, and what better time to try something new than during a full-scale Noxian invasion…?
United Front is a brand new way to play Legends of Runeterra as our first co-op experience. You and an ally (through Friend Challenge, or randomly paired through solo queue) will go up against a powerful AI Noxian General. Select a Champion to create a premade deck, and combine your forces to repel the invasion.”
- Can we address the magical floating elephant in the room?
- Personality: Clumsy
- Best Friend: Zoe
“We’re quite happy with the balance of the various archetypes in Expeditions at the moment, with only Mending Touch requiring some tweaks to make it more consistently able to execute its core gameplan.”
- Removed the offering bonus for Cosmic Creation archetypes. All archetypes are now offered at the normal rate based on whether they’re a primary or a bonus archetype.
- Removed: Bayou Brunch, Hunting Fleet, Divergent Paths, Sleepy Trouble Bubble
- Fixed issue that would cause an error message to be erroneously displayed when casting Judgment while switching blockers.
- Fixed an issue that could occur with Vault of Helia and units with the Last Breath keyword.
- Fixed an issue where occasionally level 2 Zoe would not share keywords.
- Fixed an issue where Heart of the Fluft would sometimes inherit negative keywords.
- Fixed multiple text inconsistencies across cards text and flyout.