Nintendo has deployed a new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update 2.0.0 for all the players and here is the complete list of patch notes for you. This update adds support for DLC alongside some bug fixes to improve the gameplay experience. It also adjusts the time it takes for the Item Box to regenerate.
We do not have a file size of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update 2.0.0, but it shouldn’t be very big as it only fixes two small bugs. Not sure what prompted the development team to make these small changes and not launch over new game content.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update 2.0.0 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update 2.0.0 that is now rolling out to all supported platforms of the game:
Support for DLC
- Now supports Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass (Wave 1: 8 courses)
- If someone in the lobby has the “Booster Course Pass,” all players can select one of the pass courses.
- This supports “Friends,” “Wireless Play,” and “LAN Play.”
- Starting March 21st, you can select course from the Booster Course Pass in online play.
- Supports “Worldwide,” “Regional,” and “Tournaments.”
- Even if the player does not own the “Booster Course Pass,” they can play courses from the pass randomly.
- Shortened the time it takes for an Item Box to regenerate when it gets taken by someone else.
- Fixed an issue where a communication error occurs when 12 people matched during online play.
- You need to download the latest update data in order to play online.
- If you download the latest update data, you will not be able to do “Wireless Play” or LAN Play” with other players who are using data from a previous update.
- The update data contains fixes to issues that improve gameplay experience, and other content that is not listed here.
- In order to download the update data, you need enough space on your system memory or microSD Card.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.