MLB The Show 21 Update 1.17 has just been released and we have all the new changes, additions and patch notes for you to read. The update increases PCI range and sensitivity to reach corners of the zone alongside some miscellaneous UI fixes being included as well.
The update is available globally as a mandatory download (Xbox v126.96.36.199) and is available on all supported platforms. You can find all the relevant information regarding this MLB The Show 21 patch notes for Update 1.17 down below. The file size of the update has not been disclosed yet as the update will be pushed on October 5 at 4:00 AM PT (Pacific Time).
MLB The Show 21 Patch Notes: Update 1.17 (Game Update 17)
Here are the complete patch notes for MLB The Show 21 Update 1.17 coming out on all supported platforms of the game:
- The PCI range and sensitivity has been increased to reach the corners of the zone. This is most noticeable on Hall of Fame and Legend difficulties.
- Increased the difficulty for Pinpoint Pitching on Competitive Settings and Legend difficulty (in all modes). The gesture, release timing and direction now have a less lenient criteria for ‘Good’ and ‘Perfect’ pitches when using competitive gameplay style settings.
From the devs: After reviewing the feedback and data since UPDATE 11, we believe Pinpoint is still a little bit too easy right now in a competitive setting. Like before, this change will make the timing window for “Good” and “Perfect” slightly more difficult to achieve.
CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK
- Fixed the stats displayed for Shohei Ohtani and Ramon Laureano in the pre-game screen.
- Players now display the correct MLB Stats in the Player Cards and on Score Bug in Exhibition Live Roster games.
- Fixed a bug where settings would reset (including Dynamic Difficulty) when players would exit an offline game.
MLB The Show 21 is out now for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S platforms. For a list of other game changes and updates, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: MLB The Show