Capcom has just released Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Update 1.4.0, and we have the complete list of patch notes for you to check out. The latest update primarily brings two brand new monsters, three Co-Op quests, and a subquest. Moreover, this update also includes several bug fixes and stability improvements. The latest Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin update comes with a spectacular trailer as well.
The latest Monster Hunter update is live and available as a mandatory download on both platforms. The size of this update is 0.5 GB for PC and 0.2 GB for Nintendo Switch. Here is all the relevant information you’ll need regarding Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Update 1.4.0.
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Update 1.4.0 Patch Notes
Here is the complete list of patch notes for Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Update 1.4.0:
Main Additions / Changes
- If you have a Battle Buddy when you select “Start Now” while in the Riders Hub, your Battle Buddy and their Monstie (if they have one) will join you on the quest.
Note: If you don’t have a Battle Buddy, you will be joined by an NPC as before.
- (High Difficulty) Kulve Taroth
Note: This is a Co-Op Quest exclusive monster.
- Molten Tigrex
Additional Co-Op Quests
- ★9 (Time) Fury of the Earth
- ★9 (Slay) Oroshi Kirin
- ★8 (Explore) Dragon Eggs
- ★4 (Special) Go Nuts for Donuts
Bug Fixes / Miscellaneous
- Fixed a bug that prevents the Tenacity Skill from activating when switching in another Monstie during battle.
- Fixed a bug that occurs after selling trade-in items via “Sell Trade-in Items” that prevents a player’s funds from increasing if the total amount reaches 10,000,000 or more zenny while also causing their sold items to disappear.
- Fixed a bug that occurs when a player enters a battle while using Lava Dive, causing them to become immobile once the battle is finished and they return to the field.
- Fixed a bug that prevents the game from finishing loading after a player presses buttons repeatedly when changing the time of day at a Catavan Stand or taking a Catavan to another location (during a loading screen).
- There was a bug that occurs during a specific Subquest when the player is carrying an egg in a Monster Den and enters a battle. When the battle finishes, the eggs in the nest have regenerated, but when the player picks up one of these eggs, they cannot exit the den. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that occurs when four players are engaged in a Pair Battle in Versus Battles and both sides lose simultaneously, but rather than enter into sudden death, the game stops functioning properly.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevents the number showing the amount of damage from being displayed after starting the game in Window Mode.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes causes black bars to appear on the left and right side of the screen when setting Window Mode to the same resolution as the desktop and starting up the game.
- Fixed a bug that prevents players from being able to use their keyboard on the Control Settings menu screen when they perform a certain action in the Options > Control Settings > Controller menu.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.