Arc Games has deployed this latest Neverwinter Update 9.53, and we have the complete list of patch notes here. After the previous major release, this is more a bug fix patch with lots of issues fixed in this one.
Everything you need to know about this Neverwinter Update 9.53 patch has been covered in the full release notes below. We do not yet have the file size of this patch with us, however will add it later when we have it. You should be able to download this patch on the consoles right now.
Neverwinter Update 9.53 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for Neverwinter Update 9.53 that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:
Content and Environment
- The Dread Ring campaign now properly advances beyond the “Start Campaign” phase after completing the Ashen Battlefield.
- The items for the Refinement and Insignia tutorials are no longer unique. This should prevent the quests from getting stuck.
- A Grave Task: Party members should no longer be able to get their cooldowns out of sync and should be able to proceed with the quest in all cases.
- Twisted Fane: The map now properly displays.
- The respawn times have been greatly reduced for the giants required by the quest Hrimnir’s Hands in Icespire Peak.
- A weird white surface with a grid is no longer part of the ground.
- The minimap no longer shows the Auction House in its old position.
- Horrors Revisited (Weekly): The quest path should no longer have a confusing step.
Well of Dragons
- Missing captives in the Well of Dragons have returned for the quest Captive Rescue.
Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
- Paladin: The healer mark can no longer be applied to multiple players at a time. The mark is now removed when one character moves too far from a paladin, which means after teleports of certain distances, the mark may need to be reapplied.
Items and Economy
- Upon logging in, all Floral Vorpal Enchantments and Legendary Companions from the Legendary Companion Bundle will have their bound status removed once, and can be freely traded or resold. This includes enchantments which were previously bound to characters unrelated to this bug. Enjoy, and thank you for your patience!
- Faerie’s Steps now grants Accuracy instead of Critical Strike.
- Graycloak weapons now have stats appropriate for their level and classes.
- Greycloak’s Rapier should now be able to be used by bards.
- Sigil of the Bard: This artifact now properly has a 60 second cooldown at Mythic rank.
- Storm King’s Thunder: The campaign currency can once again be purchased via Genie’s Gifts.
- While currency purchased via Genie’s Gifts is not intended to be doubled by Double Campaign Currency events, we will still enable the Double Storm King’s Thunder Campaign Currency event for the week after this fix goes live.
- For now, they will continue to work as they did before, so campaign purchases that doubled will continue to double.
- The old Ember Shard bounty items should no longer drop from creatures in the Caverns of Karrundax.
- Vault of Stars: Twisted Denizens
- Band of Air is now Bind to Account on Pickup, and two cannot be equipped at a time.
- Band of Darkness is now Bind to Account on Pickup, and two cannot be equipped at a time.
- (Note that this change in binding only affects rings acquired after this fix goes live.)
- The Bore Worm can now be redeemed at Level 1.
- Cotton Pants are now in the Level 5 – 8 category in Tailoring, up from 1 – 4.
- Armor kits can once again properly be applied to items.
- Clicking and dragging items once again properly works when scrolling the inventory window.
- Invocation is now consistently available to players who have unlocked the feature.
- Wayfarer’s items now properly display when transmuted onto characters of all races.
Neverwinter is now out for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.