No Man’s Sky Update 3.68 has just been deployed by Hello Games, and we have the complete patch notes for you to read. The new update brings another round of bug fixes and stability improvements for the Frontiers Update released on Sept. 1.
The update is currently live and available as a mandatory download on all supported platforms. We don’t have the file size for this update yet. Here is all the relevant information regarding No Man’s Sky Update 3.68.
No Man’s Sky Patch Notes: Update 3.68
Here are the complete patch notes for No Man’s Sky Update 3.68 coming out on all supported platforms:
Thank you to everyone playing the Frontiers Update, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting.
We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of issues. These fixes are included in patch 3.68, which will be live on all platforms soon.
- Introduced a number of optimisations for settlements and large bases.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some settlement buildings to placed outside of the flattened area.
- Fixed an issue that could cause two NPCs to occupy the same chair.
- Improved the behaviours of settlement NPCs, so that they group up and converse more often.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the settlement mission to become blocked after changing your settlement.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the interaction with the settlement technology merchant to become blocked if they were interacted with while outside the marketplace.
- Fixed an issue that could cause two identical NPCs to be spawned for a settlement decision.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an error when supplying materials to some specific small settlement buildings.
- Fixed an issue that could cause multiple bases on the same planet to share screenshots when viewed on the teleporter page.
- Fixed an issue that prevented ladders from working correctly when placed in cuboid rooms.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some corner pieces from snapping correctly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some basic floor pieces from flattening the terrain.
- The base building recolour menu now has hover tips to display the name of the colour.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to delete communications beacons.
- Fixed an issue that could count other player’s objects as your own for the purposes of planet object limits (for example, Exocraft Geobays).
- Fixed a visual issue with Short-Range Teleporter wires.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with the Race Initiator.
- Improved the snapping behaviour of a large number of base parts.
- Fixed an issue that caused some islands to disappear, leaving player bases floating or mission-related buildings underwater.
- Removed a number of obsolete items from the catalogue.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some head elements to be visible when playing in first person.
- Fixed an issue that could allow players to prematurely start the Space Anomaly story missions whilst on an expedition.
- Fixed an issue that could cause previous expedition saves to be reactivated as Cartographers Expedition saves.
- Introduced a number of memory optimisations for PS4 and PS5.
- Fixed a crash related to interactable objects.
- Fixed a crash related to base and settlement rendering.
- Fixed a number of physics-related memory leaks.
- Fixed a crash related to region decoration.
- Fixed a crash related to noise generation.
- Fixed a physics related crash.
- Fixed a rare issue that could block progress around mission portals.
- Fixed an issue that blocked mission progress in the Japanese version.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a soft-lock when using mods on PC VR.
- Fixed an Xbox-specific crash.
We will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved. If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.