Frontier Developments has just released Planet Zoo Update 1.71 and we have the complete patch notes for your reading pleasure. The new update primarily brings in general bug fixes and improvements alongside stability improvements as well.
The update is available globally as a mandatory download. You can find all the relevant information for Planet Zoo Update 1.71 down below. The file size of the update is expected to be relatively large due to the volume of the fixes.
Planet Zoo Patch Notes: Update 1.71 (General Bug Fixes)
Here are the complete patch notes for Planet Zoo Update 1.71 coming out to all supported platforms:
Thank you for all the love on the North America Animal Pack so far! We are thrilled to see your reactions to the pack and the habitat builds for our adorable new animals coming in. As always, thank you for your feedback and for raising any issues – or sneaky flexicolour additions – that you’ve found!
This update should resolve various issues reported by our community, alongside a few tweaks – are you ready for more sociable Alligators?
For full info, read on below for the patch notes:
Planet Zoo – 1.7.1 Update Notes
General Bug Fixes and Improvements
- **Animals*** We have adjusted the American Alligator’s social group size based on feedback. Initial group sizes had been chosen based on the aggression potential shown by the species and some zoos only keeping solitary animals
- New group sizes are as follows:* Mixed: 1 male, 5 females
- Male bachelor groups: 6 males
- Female bachelor groups: 6 females
- As part of this change, we have reduced the additional land, water and deep water space requirements for the American Alligator, so that bigger group sizes do not balloon the overall space requirements
- Fixed a typo in the US-English version of the American Alligator’s Zoopedia referring to the Saltwater Crocodile instead
- Fixed a typo in the US-English version of the North American Beaver’s Zoopedia not properly describing its barrier requirements
- Fixed the fur fading out too quickly on the Moose
- Beaver Dam female animation fixed where previously mud particles were floating incorrectly
- ** Scenery *** Fixed an issue where some of the Opaque Glass Panel assets flexicolour channels did not function correctly
- Fixed an issue where guest wouldn’t teleport if a Path Barrier is blocking the exit of a Transport Ride
- Animal Talk Seating Improvements: * Animal Talk Seats now have buttons to link them to an Animal Talk Point
- “Use Seating Room Only” has been replaced with “Allow Guest Standing” with functionality of toggle flipped (existing seating will adjust to reflect this change)
- Improvements to UI text and flow for setting up Animal Talk Seating
- General stability fixes for Animal Talk Seating
- **Guests*** Guest navigation stability fixes
- Game Modes Sandbox/Franchise/Challenge Added snow on load to Tundra Sculpted maps to match flat versions
- **UI*** Fixed the game sometimes becoming unresponsive when switching tabs in Animal Trading
- Corrected translations for the random scenery rotation shortcut key control setting
- **Audio*** Fixed the audio continuing to play through the speaker from the preview, after clicking cancel
- **Stability*** Fixed a potential crash when rapidly switching filters in the Zoopedia
- General stability fixes
- **Performance*** General performance fixes
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: Frontier Developments