Daybreak Game Company has just deployed Planetside 2 Oct. 6 Update and we have the complete patch notes for you to read. The new update adds in a Double XP Halloween Event for all players that starts from October 6 and lasts till October 10 alongside tons of adjustments to infantry and much more.
The update is available globally as a mandatory download on all supported platforms. You can find all the relevant information for Planetside 2 Patch Notes: Oct. 6 Update down below. The file size of the update has not been disclosed yet.
Planetside 2 Patch Notes: Oct. 6 Update
Here are the complete patch notes for Planetside 2 Oct. 6 Update coming out on all supported platforms:
Double Experience for ALL
Get into the Halloween spirit with double experience for ALL players from Oct. 06 – Oct. 10, starting once this update goes Live!
Seeker HLX / Demon Seeker HLX (Heavy Crossbow)
- Minimum damage range from 150m to 120m for all non-Aerolite ammo types.
- The 6x optic is now uses the correct 6x zoom depth, instead of 3.4x.
- Projectile size from 0.09 to 0.06
- Projectile tracers are now more visible.
- Indirect damage is now resist type 6 (Common Explosive) instead of resist type 2 (Small Arms.)
- Indirect max damage from 250 to 200
- Indirect min damage from 150 to 100
- Indirect max damage radius from 1m to 0.5m
- Indirect min damage radius from 3m to 2m
- Direct damage from 450 to 350
- Firing delay from 0.1sec. to 0.2sec
- Indirect damage to friendlies is now reduced by 50% (same as Thumper.)
- Reduced visual size of Fracture Bolt impact.
- Splitbolts now reduce headshot damage multiplier by 50% (resulting in a 900 damage headshot when all three bolts land within maximum damage range.)
- ADS fan angular spread 0.5 to 0.6
- Hipfire fan angular spread 1 to 3
- Now reduces hipfire cone of fire by 40%, instead of 100%.
- Updated description to reflect the new “increase” in minimum damage range.
Dev Note: The changes above reel in the crossbow’s effective range slightly, and increases the tradeoffs of certain attachments. In general, the weapon should require more precision to use effectively, and will no longer be capable of one-shot kills against non-Infiltrator classes. We’ll continue to monitor the crossbow’s performance and take action as needed.
- Indirect maximum damage from 125 to 75.
- Indirect maximum damage radius from 1m to 0.5m.
- Indirect minimum damage radius from 2m to 1.5m.
- Reduced visual size of Ectoblaster projectile.
NSO Directive Weapons
The following NSO directive weapons now properly count toward directive/mission completion/implant triggers where applicable.
- CB-ARX Newton
- PMG-ARX Schrodinger
- SG-ARX Rutherford
- BAR-ARX Feynman
- SR-ARX Einstein
- U-ARX Dirac
- XMG-ARX Galilei
- AR-ARX Maxwell
Misc. Changes, Fixes, and Additions
- Reduced large continent unlock requirements so that Koltyr becomes less frequently available on lower population servers.
- Squad finder no longer shows as empty on Koltyr.
- Vehicles receiving a tick of ammunition at the same time they reload will no longer fire a “ghost” round.
- Fixed an issue with the GD-22S reload animation
- Fixed an issue causing low framerates on the empire select screen in the new character create flow.
- Fixed an issue with NPCs not playing their full death animation in the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue with NPCs being too cool to look at where they’re shooting in the tutorial.
- The “Accept Mission” button is no longer highlighted when you are incapable of accepting any more missions for the day.
- Fixed various third person animations related to melee weapons.
- The mysterious “ADD AMMO” implant is no longer visible in VR Training.
- Profile Banners no longer have missing previews in the Depot.
- Routers, Capture Points, and Generators will occasionally be visible through walls. We have a speculative fix for the next update that we’re currently evaluating.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: Daybreak Game Company