PUBG Mobile 1.8 Updatejust got announced for Android and iOS devices, bringing some awesome new features; you can read up the full patch notes here. This update adds a new classic map mode and makes tons of gameplay changes. One of the most notable ones is that the gameplay area is smaller to make it easier to locate enemies.
All the relevant information you may need to know regarding the PUBG Mobile patch notes for Update 1.8 are covered in the next section. If you update the game between January 12th and 18th, you will get 3000 BP, 100 AG, and Aureate Assassin Helmet (3d) ×1.
PUBG Mobile Patch Notes: Update 1.8 | Spider-Man: No Way Home Collaboration
Here are the official patch notes for PUBG Mobile 1.8 that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:
PUBG MOBILE 1.8 Update Announcement
PUBG MOBILE will be pushing out updates starting from January 12, 11:00 (UTC +0). The server will not be taken offline for this update. Please ensure that you update the game in a suitable network environment and have enough space on your phone.
Update the game from January 12-18 (UTC +0) to get
- 3000 BP
- 100 AG
- Aureate Assassin Helmet (3d) ×1
New Classic Mode Map
Go to Unranked – Classic Mode and select AfterMath to enter.
Bombs and volcanic eruptions have transformed the terrain of the small island of Livik. Many years later, the survivors intensify their training in order to face new threats in the future.
– With the advancement of science and technology, all firearms have been modified to have an AC Core Module, which makes them easier to aim and control. At the same time, the new scope makes it easier to aim with the crosshair. We hope these changes will make shooting fun at all times in the game.
– Reduced the size of the urban area & the density of the Playzone in the new map to make it easier to discover enemies.
– Characters are equipped with Tactical Glasses by default, which shows players the damage dealt by firearms.
– Added a new interactive zipline to make it easier to move to the next Playzone.
– Added a recall system that gives all players 1 chance to return to the battlefield. Find the Recall Tower and recall your teammates!
Mode Selection Improvements
Separation of Unranked and Ranked Modes (BETA)
To provide our many players with a diverse range of gaming experiences, we have separated unranked and ranked modes, and updated the mode entrances to simplify the displayed content, improve controls, and make them more intuitive and convenient. Come and play a match with your friends now!
Ranked Modes: The modes in this category give rating points. Some of the available modes are Classic Mode – Erangel, Livik, and Sanhok.
Unranked Modes: The modes in this category do not give rating points. Some of the available modes are:
Feature Improvements: Removed the Drop Tactics feature. Classic Mode no longer supports multiple selections.
Location Improvements: Removed Mode Records and only retained the mode location. Enhanced visual performance.
Screen Improvements: Updated the mode selection screen to simplify its content, improve controls, make the screen more concise, and make controls more convenient.
Classic Mode Improvements
New Supply Shop
Added a Supply Shop. Pick up currency from all over the battlefield, search for the shop on the battlefield, and purchase supplies and tactical items in the shop to arm yourself and win the final victory!
New Recall Mechanic
All players have 1 chance to return to the battlefield. Find the Recall Tower and recall your teammates!
Basic Mechanics Improvements
– Added a feature that allows players to continue swimming in a near-death state, but their swimming speed will be reduced.
– Added the Hit Marker feature: After this is enabled, whenever a player or a teammate hits an enemy, a marker is automatically generated where they are hit.
– Added a map marker feature that can be used during the jump phase. When this is enabled, tapping the map during the jump phase will place a mark there directly and make a pillar of light appear at the location.
– Added an auto-jump feature. After this is enabled, players will automatically jump in the direction of a marker that has been placed on the map.
– MG3: Modified the default shooting mode to 660 RPM; Recoil: +10%.
– M16A4: Added a tracer effect to bullets; Recoil: -10%.
– MK47: Added a tracer effect to bullets; Recoil: -10%.
Firearm Mechanism Adjustment
– Fixed an issue that caused a random deviation in the firearm shooting direction and center of the crosshair, and an issue that caused a slight difference in the scattering value of firearms, when shooting without scoping in under different screen resolutions.
– Metro Royale: Reunion will be back for a limited time from January 24, 02:00 (UTC +0). Adjusted the entry criteria to Lv. 10. Players must link to a social network account to enter Metro Royale.
– Payload 2.0 will be back from January 26, 02:00 (UTC +0) and will remain available.
React Survival to be shut down
We will shut down React Survival mode at 23:59 (UTC +0) on January 10, 2022.
Basic Security Content
We have completely overhauled the Merit system to create a better gaming environment.
– We have improved the Merit rules to safeguard a good gaming environment, and to reward players who have maintained high Merit for a long time with High Merit Player Rewards.
– We have comprehensively improved the detection rules for violations to make punishment more severe for malicious actions.
– Added the Merit System screen on the Profile page. This can be used to view the Merit rules, changes to the Merit score in the last month, and players’ current Merit and the corresponding effects.
Secure Matchmaking Separation
To maintain a fair competitive environment, all players who are suspected of cheating will be placed under safety observation for a more comprehensive security inspection:
(1) Players can only play Solo Classic Mode TPP.
(2) Players will not receive any earnings from matches, trigger achievement rules, or be included in rankings.
(3) Players can’t join teams, rooms, or tournaments, or use other game features like spectating.
Report Feature Improvements
– Added a new report feature that can be used in matches.
– Players can use the in-match pop-up window to quickly and conveniently report players who harm or eliminate them in matches.
– Added a report feature to the Career Stats screen to report players who eliminated you.
Game Interfaces Improvements
Lobby screen improvements:
– Moved the Cheer Park location to Mode Selection.
– Moved the Brother in Arms location to the Team-up Lobby.
– Moved the subscription location to Purchases.
– Improved the locations of monetized events and activity events.
– Made more layout improvements in the bottom-right corner.
Event Center Updates:
– Moved activity events to the Event Center!
– Updated the Event Center screen to display events with better visual performance!
PUBG MOBILE MUSIC:
Merged the Lobby BGM with the Music Box. Players can now freely set the Lobby BGM!
– Migrated the original BGM content to PUBG MOBILE MUSIC.
– The music in PUBG MOBILE MUSIC can also be played in the main lobby.
IP Themed Game Modes
From January 12, 02:00 (UTC +0) to February 14, 23:59 (UTC +0), toggle on the themed mode when selecting Classic Mode, and set the map to Erangel – Spider-Man™
From January 15, 02:00 (UTC +0) to February 14, 23:59 (UTC +0), toggle on the themed mode when selecting Classic Mode, and set the map to Livik – Spider-Man™
Spider-Man has encountered mysterious monsters after arriving at Erangel. Fight alongside Spider-Man and defeat the boss to get advanced supplies, the new Web Shooter and Spiderweb Ball, to try out Spider-Man’s abilities. Find Spider Crates on Erangel and open them to get basic supplies, as well as a chance to get Spider-Man items.
– Challenge the Boss: Find Mylta Power and fight alongside Spider-Man!
– Web Shooter: Players will be able to shoot spider webs after getting the Web Shooter. Spider webs slow down players they hit.
– Spiderweb Ball: When the Spiderweb Ball is thrown at the ground, it releases many spiderwebs in an area that slows the movement of other players moving through it.
New Cycle Season: CYCLE 2 SEASON 4:
From January 18, 02:00 (UTC +0) to March 21, 23:59 (UTC +0).
– New Season Rewards: Upgraded rewards to make them Legendary quality and added a new set of resources: C2S4 Glasses, C2S4 Set, CS24 Parachute, C2S4 – MK14, C2S4 Mask, C2S4 Cover.
– CYCLE Memories: New Jujutsu Kaisen-themed story missions. Collect Sukuna Fingers to unlock commemorative titles.
– CYCLE Rewards: New Cycle Season rewards. Collect the Diamond/Crown/Ace Badges in the same CYCLE to get high-quality supplies for free.
– More Challenge Points are gained from matches and can be obtained through other ways to rank up faster.
– We have added team range restrictions in ranked Classic Mode. Players from Bronze tier to Platinum tier can team up with each other. Players who are at Diamond tier or higher can only team up with players within 2 major tiers of themselves.
– Added a point synchronization system that synchronizes the rating points of players at the Diamond tier or lower, increasing their rating points in other modes to match their highest tier mode.
Royale Pass Month 7: Royale Guard
From January 18, 02:00 (UTC +0) to February 17, 23:59 (UTC +0).
– Come and get the Desert Warrior Set! The themed M16A4, DP28, UZI, and 2-Seat Motorcycle finishes are now available!
– New system to lighten the load on players: Players will have a point limit that increases every week, and there will also be more missions for players to complete.
– Removed RP game time: Removed separate RP game time requirements and merged the points that were given out as rewards to new challenge missions.
– ELITE mission rewards and friend bonus mission rewards do not use up the point limit.
Other Updates and Improvements
– Graphic quality improvements: Enhanced HDR water surface material effects in Erangel.
– Improved the Daily Missions screen and the rewards.
– Improved the display of information when picking up items.
– Improved the accuracy of audio markers on the mini-map.
– Lowered the requirements to place a chicken dinner statue so that it is easier to place the statue after winning.
– Added a throwable consumables toggle for players to enable or disable the feature.
– When a player only has 1 consumable or throwable, the expand button above it is hidden by default.
– Fixed an issue that caused teammates’ markers to overlap when they were on the plane.
– Added shortcut buttons for new features that can take players to the new settings quickly.
– Improved interactions on the Settings screen.
– Improved the graphic effects of the pick-up screen and the custom layout interface.
– Improved the layout order and naming of tabs in the settings.
– Fixed issue where there were no footsteps when carrying a wounded player.
– Fixed effect display errors for some weapons.
– Fixed display error for roads in Livik urban areas when graphics were set to smooth.
– In Metro Royale, fixed issue where the Open Crate button sometimes did not disappear.
– In Metro Royale, fixed black door glitch.
– In Metro Royale, fixed issue where Talent would sometimes fail to activate.
– Fixed issue where players using certain tablet models were unable to open the Purchase page when tapping a Lucky Airdrop.
– Fixed issue where Voice volume could not be adjusted on the Settings page.
– Fixed issue where viewing highlights and friend statuses could cause the screen to go black.
– Fixed issue that made it impossible to hide the matchmaking details popup window.
– Fixed Maid Set and Mutation Mask display issue.
– Fixed issue where the Adore bubble emotes could not be displayed in the Cheer Park.
PUBG Mobile is now out for Android and iOS devices. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: PUBG Mobile