Ubisoft has just released Update 1.97 for Rainbow Six Siege. This update is mainly meant for balancing some of the bugs and issues in operators found in previous patches. The update also includes new voice lines for Tachanka after the previous voice actor could not record new ones for the infamous operator. The operator has also been completely reworked!
Rainbow Six Siege is a tactical multiplayer first-person shooter that relies on strategy and cunning in order to get ahead in close-quartered 5v5 combat. The game features various operators that have different skills and abilities each providing them with a different kind of tactical edge.
Rainbow Six Siege Update 1.97 Patch Notes
This update mainly focuses on the updates done to Tachanka. He has now been completely reworked and new voice lines have been added to the character. Some bugs have also been quashed and a few other balance changes here and there have also been implemented. Here are all the patch notes for Rainbow Six Siege Update 1.97:
- Tachanka’s RP-46 Degtyaryov turret has been replaced with the Shumikha Laucher.
- This launcher shoots grenades that generate areas of fire 1 second after the first bounce.
- The Shumikha Launcher is equipped with a fixed 5-grenade magazine. Tachanka has a total of 10 grenades available. Grenades are inserted one by one.
- The DP27 LMG is now available as a primary weapon option for Tachanka and will be replacing the SASG-12.
- This weapon allows players to open rotations on soft walls and destroy hatches.
- After his time on the TS, Tachanka will no longer have the ability to Withstand.
Tachanka Voice Lines
- Due to unavoidable constraints, voice lines have been recorded with a new voice actor for Tachanka upon the release of his rework. We thank Anatoly Zinoviev for his past work as Tachanka’s voice actor and for the passion he was able to provide to both the role and to the community.
- FIXED – Several issues with visuals and functionality on Shumikha Shells.
- FIXED – Various SFX issues with the grenade launcher.
- FIXED – Visual issues present with the grenade launcher.
- FIXED – Several UI and store visuals with the Slava Korolyu Elite items and icons.
- FIXED -Tachanka’s Elite fire VFX from the MVP dance are present on his model in multiple maps.
- FIXED – Frag bounce sound can sometimes play unintentionally.
- FIXED – Tachanka’s DP27 LMG currently has the full penetration attribute.
- FIXED – DP27 does 48 damage instead of 49.
- FIXED – There is a major visual obstruction when Tachanka guard breaks a shield with his DP27.
- FIXED – The DP27 benefits from 1 additional round, despite being an open bolt machine gun.
Here’s Ubisoft playing the reworked Tachanka:
This concludes everything you needed to know about Rainbow Six Siege Update 1.97. Do you like the new Tachanka? Let us know in the comments down below!