Ubisoft has released the latest Rainbow Six Siege Update 1.99 – Y5S4.1 (Year 5, Season 4.1) along with the full list of patch notes on December 15 to all supported platforms. This is a small patch and is more of a bug fix update with tons of gameplay related fixes and minor changes. We have the details covered for you below.
Rainbow Six Siege is now receiving this Update 1.99 (PS5 Update 1.000.003) and depending on what platform you have, the file size should be more or less than 1GB. To find the complete notes, continue reading below right after the jump.
Rainbow Six Siege Update 1.99 Patch Notes
Here are the patch notes for Rainbow Six Siege Update 1.99 (Y5S4.1) which has been deployed for all supported platforms. Below you will find the download sizes for each platform.
- Ubisoft Connect: 1.07 GB
- Steam: 803.2 MB
- Xbox One: 1.02 GB
- Xbox Series X: 1.02 GB
- PS4: 977 MB
- PS5: 875 MB
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTS
Custom Game Timers
- A pause/resume timer option has been added to lobby creator’s menu options during the Planning Phase for Online Custom Games. This setting is accessible by click the Menu icon found in the top right of the screen.
- This pause timer has a default timeout setting of 10 minutes that we can modify on our end.
- FIXED – Various defuser planting and retrieval issues in specific areas on maps.
- FIXED – Minor rappel issues present on Skyscraper and Plane maps.
- FIXED – Several glass resistance and destruction issues present on Bank and Outback maps.
- FIXED – Drones are able to pass through multiple objects and textures.
- FIXED – A multitude of LOD issues present on Skyscraper map.
- FIXED – Line of sight issue present between the railing and wall in 2F Exhibition Room on Skyscraper map.
- FIXED – Misaligned textures and clipping are present on various surfaces on Skyscraper map.
- FIXED – Deployable gadgets can be heavily obscured in table debris in 2F Geisha Room on Skyscraper map.
- FIXED – Compass location is missing in drone view on top of the fence in EXT Ventilation Units on Skyscraper map.
- FIXED – An Operator will spawn on top of the display case on the north side of 2F Exhibition Room on Skyscraper map.
- FIXED – Ceiling vents are not visible underneath the ceiling in 2F Shrine on Skyscraper map.
- FIXED – Several collision issues present when destroying items on Skyscraper map.
- FIXED – Various gaps and seams present between objects on Skyscraper map.
- FIXED – LOD issue present on a box located at the south side of 1F Cargo Hold on Plane map.
- FIXED – A gap is visible between the west wall and ceiling in 1F Garage on Clubhouse map.
- FIXED – Players can clip at the NE corner of the EXT Roof on Border map.
- FIXED – Attackers can navigate to certain points on Coastline map to create an unfair line of sight.
- FIXED – Lighting issues on Skyscraper map create various hiding points for Operators and their gadgets.
- FIXED – Some cardboard boxes have a delay when being destroyed on Tower map.
- FIXED – Twitch’s Shock drones and Echo’s Yokai drone are shooting when the player begins to pull the trigger rather than the end position of the trigger.
- FIXED – Inputs for Operator drones and cameras are not swapping when left-handed controls are selected.
- FIXED – Montagne can melee and extend his shield in the same animation.
- FIXED – Sound effects aren’t present when Tachanka melees an indestructible wall or item with the Shumikha Launcher.
- FIXED – Fire sound effects are present even when fire does not emit from Tachanka’s weapon.
- FIXED – Rook’s facemask is white instead of the intended color on several of his headgear options.
- FIXED – Players are unable to pick up Aruni’s Surya Gate after deploying it on the western window at 1F Reception on Kafe Dostoyevsky map.
- FIXED – Zero’s Argus Camera experiencing several functionality issues on Skyscraper map.
- FIXED – Echo’s Yokai drone clips with various objects on Villa and Fortress.
- FIXED – Finka’s Adrenaline Boost has a slight audio issue near the end of the sound.
- FIXED – Lion’s EE-ONE-D drone is not visible on his arm when activated in Article 5.
- FIXED – Tachanka’s Shumikha Launcher projectiles are colliding with invisible walls.
- FIXED – Overlapped text is present on the warning screen.
- FIXED – Some charms are clipping or overlapping each other.
- FIXED – When multiple controllers are paired, not all of them are able to control the game.
- FIXED – Visual customization is not displaying on Operator weapons in the Operator View after pressing the “Equip to All” button.
- FIXED – Performance/Resolution mode settings don’t apply on the PS5 console after a reboot.
- FIXED – Incorrect message displays when a player attempts to reconnect to a match.
- FIXED – Various visual issues present with Battle Pass progression.
- FIXED – Changing the resolution in the options menu makes the background flicker black and white.
- FIXED – Voice chat frequently cuts off or is heavily distorted when CVAA is activated.
- FIXED – When matchmaking in Quick Match, a Connection Failure message appears for some players.
- FIXED – Score and timer are occasionally missing from HUD elements.
- FIXED – Minor spacing and line-break text errors in menu and descriptions.
- FIXED – Collision audio for certain ceramic tiles is playing the sound of metal footsteps.
- FIXED – Multiple small clipping issues present on Operator uniforms.
- FIXED – Rooftop reinforcement notification is present even though the system is off.
- FIXED – The “Safety First” Core Challenge does not unlock in certain situations.
This concludes everything you needed to know about Rainbow Six Siege Y5S4.1 Update 1.99. Let us know your thoughts in the comments down below! If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.