Psyonix Studios have released Rocket League Update 1.89 today on December 16, a small patch along with the full list of patch notes. Do not expect any new features as this will only deploy a few fixes that may have occured after the big Season 2 launch last week.
This new Update 1.89 is now available on all supported platforms – Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Steam, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S. We do not have an update file size yet.
Rocket League Update 1.89 Patch Notes
Here are the patch notes for the Rocket League Update 1.89 that is rolling out today. As mentioned earlier, there are no new features added to the game, just some bug fixes included.
- Fixed a bug causing ‘Party Up’ to be highlighted on the post-match screen instead of Ready Up (Casual) or Find New Match (Competitive)
- Players will no longer respawn with a power-up ready to use if they are demolished after a goal is scored
- Fixed a bug causing some players on Xbox and PlayStation to crash when a splitscreen player is added
- Corrected a typo in the ‘R3MX GXT’ name
- Fixed a glitch related to canceling trades
Some of these bug fixes were widely reported by players and wanted to get them fixed ASAP. Most importantly, players will no longer respawn with a power-up after they are demolished when a goal is scored. PlayStation and Xbox users were also facing a bug that were causing crashes.