Psyonix has just released Rocket League Update 2.06 and we have the complete patch notes for your reading pleasure. The update brings in new ball controls in Free Play alongside a bug fix specific to the Switch with stability improvements across all platforms as well.
The update is now available for download on all major platforms. You will be able to find all the relevant information for Rocket League Patch Notes: Update 2.06 down below. We still aren’t sure of the file size for this update. However, we’ll let you know when we get our hands on it.
Rocket League Patch Notes: Update 2.06 (New Ball Controls)
Here are the complete patch notes for Rocket League Update 2.06 coming out on all supported platforms:
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Free Play Ball Control
- New ball controls are now available in Free Play
- We want to thank everyone who contributes to BakkesMod and their hard work for inspiring this feature addition
- You can now control the ball in five different ways with the push of a button:
- Take Possession: Places the ball in front of your car
- Start Dribble: Places the ball on the hood of your car
- Pass Ball: Sends the ball towards your car
- Sometimes the pass will be just left or right of your car, depending on the angle and position, so heads up!
- Launch Ball: Behaves similarly to tip-off in Hoops
- Defend Shot: Shoots the ball towards the closest goal
- These new controls can be used together
- Example: You can use Launch Ball to send it high, then Defend Shot to mimic a shot from the ceiling or high up on the wall
- Ball Reset continues to work as before (return to the kickoff position)
- Defend Shot and Pass Ball don’t always work as intended in some arenas and modes, including:
- Double Goals (Rocket Labs)
- Utopia Retro (Rocket Labs)
- [Nintendo Switch] When using a single Joy-Con for controls, Free Play Ball Control is disabled
- Fixed the appearance of several Decals including Leviathan, Chameleon, and Trigon
- Fixed a bug causing Esports Shop Decals to cover trim on Painted Car Bodies
- Fixed a bug with the News Panel
- The ‘Goop XS’ and ‘Goop SE’ Decals appear as placeholder textures
- For a complete list of Known Issues in Rocket League, please visit our Known Issues blog
Rocket League is now available on the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Steam, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S platforms. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: Rocket League