Facepunch Studios has just announced the latest Rust Console Edition Update 1.04 and here are the complete patch notes for those interested. This patch is currently being tested internally by the developers, which means there is still time until it makes it to the live servers for all the players.
Rust Console Edition Update 1.04 is all about fixing bugs and improving the overall game experience. Most of the changes listed below are fixes and minor quality of life changes. We will update as soon as this patch is made available for the players to download, but for now, you will have to wait a bit. We will have the update file size of this patch once it goes live.
Rust Console Edition Update 1.04 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for Rust Console Edition Update 1.04 that is now rolling out to the supported platfroms of the game:
- Plugging/unplugging headset and microphone will no longer cause Xbox players to crash.
- Fixed multiple UI crashes.
- Fixed multiple crashes that happen when loading the game.
- Fixed the Launch Site window exploit. Players will no longer be able to use it in order to access the Launch Site monument.
- Fixed the bug allowing players to build too close to safe zones.
- Fixed the profanity filter from being overly sensitive in blocking a player’s reason for reporting another player.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from planting pumpkins and corn in the planter.
- Fixed the chairs causing some of the players to rubber band.
- Fixed the glitch causing players to go invisible when sitting in the chairs in the Bandit Camp.
- Fixed the “Internet connection not detected, please reconnect to a stable network and try again.” error message.
Quality of life and performance improvements:
- Players can now pick up the work bench when equipped with a hammer.
- Increased planting distance between plants (pumpkins/corn) to be more inline with the PC distances. This will reduce server lag and should improve performance.
- Disable planting near monuments.
- Reduced number of seeds from pumpkins and corn.
- Fix Xbox gamepads not being reacquired again after disconnecting.
- Fixed an issue causing the player list to be invisible.
- Sleeping players will now be killed inside safe zones, or directly outside of the compound.
- Fixed the Xbox percentages for achievements.
- Updated Xbox invite system to work properly.
Graphics and UI:
- Fixed the issue causing players to not see the player model once they open the inventory.
- Updated Icons for Bandages, Large Medkit and Medical Syringe. Also updated the material for Bandages to match.
Rust is available now on the PC, PS4, and Xbox One platforms. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.