Rare Publishers is currently deploying this new Sea Of Thieves Update 22.214.171.124 and you can read the full patch notes here. This is more of a hotfix, rather than a content update with new features. This update fixes issues like when using Alt+Tab to change focus between windows while playing on Steam, there should no longer be an extended freeze when leaving and returning to the game window.
You will need to download around 3.89 GB for Sea Of Thieves Update 126.96.36.199 on the Xbox Series X and 3.29 GB on the Steam version of the game. You should be able to download and install the patch right away since it is now live. Everything you need to know regarding this patch has been covered in the full release notes below.
Sea Of Thieves Update 188.8.131.52 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for Sea Of Thieves Update 184.108.40.206 that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:
Replace Gamertags Keybind
- The option to keybind ‘Toggle Replace Gamertags’ for quick use has now been disabled.
Performance and Stability
- When using Alt+Tab to change focus between windows while playing on Steam, there should no longer be an extended freeze when leaving and returning to the game window.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – Upon approaching the Coral Fortress, players should now more consistently hear Captain Jack Sparrow’s voice as he is speaking.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – Upon uncovering the mysterious meeting, players should now more consistently hear the characters’ voices as they are speaking.
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – While progressing through the Tall Tale, players should now more consistently hear Jack Sparrow speaking as he reacts to events within the story.
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – Upon defeating Siren Statues, players should now be able to hear Davy Jones’ voice as he speaks to crews.
- The imagery used in the Cursed Ferryman Essential Ship Bundle now correctly displays the Cursed Ferryman Sails that will be received on purchase.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While small improvements continue to be delivered during our regular updates, we are continuing to investigate and identify further improvements to improve the player combat experience.
Tunnels of the Damned – Rejoining a Session
- While travelling through the Tunnels of the Damned, rejoining the game after a lost connection may result in visual issues and failed migration to the new area, returning players to their starting location.
Sea of Thieves is now out for the PC (Steam and Windows Store), Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S platforms. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: Sea of Thieves