The developers at 1047 Games have just deployed the latest Splitgate Update 6.2.0 today, and here are the full patch notes. Once a crazy popular game for its portal like mechanics, it has come a long way in terms of multiplayer features. In this release, Karman Station is back with a ton of fixes along with a new EMP explosion animation.
All the relevant information you may need to know regarding the Splitgate patch notes for Update 6.2.0 is covered in the next section. This patch is now live, so you should be able to download and install it on the consoles and the PC. Quality of life updates to the Map Maker is a welcome change for the still-regular players.
Splitgate Update 6.2.0 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for Splitgate Update 6.2.0 that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:
SEASON 1 CHALLENGE REWARD
It’s time to reveal the reward for completing all Season 1 Challenges. There are four stages in total, with the final stage releasing on March 31. Complete every challenge and you get this incredible Shogun skin.
EMP EFFECT IMPROVED
Ever tossed an EMP ‘nade at an enemy portal and thought, “I sure wish this effect was turned to 11?” Us, too! Well, our VFX artist Pavel Mazanik went into the lab and cranked this sucker right to 12. Now your portal poppin’ grenades will have a little extra pizzazz. Check it with your eyeballs.
We’ve added a new nametag for the three winners of the #Splitgatetrickshot Challenge. Congrats to dr_died, babydemmaw, and loregzl for these epic winning trickshots. This trio of players are the only ones with this special tag in their banner in game. Look for them (and beware!).
Check the winning trickshots in this video right here:https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0Zndfc2tlbGV0b25fbG9hZGluZ18xMzM5OCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJjdGEiLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X3NwYWNlX2NhcmQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib2ZmIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19ob3Jpem9uX3R3ZWV0X2VtYmVkXzk1NTUiOnsiYnVja2V0IjoiaHRlIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19zZW5zaXRpdmVfbWVkaWFfaW50ZXJzdGl0aWFsXzEzOTYzIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6ImludGVyc3RpdGlhbCIsInZlcnNpb24iOjR9LCJ0ZndfZXhwZXJpbWVudHNfY29va2llX2V4cGlyYXRpb24iOnsiYnVja2V0IjoxMjA5NjAwLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfX0%3D&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1506649910808129538&lang=en&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.splitgate.com%2Fblogs%2Fsplitgate-6-2-0-patch-notes&sessionId=9e4ebaea943535cab76a2c035beb32d85314ff36&theme=light&widgetsVersion=2582c61%3A1645036219416&width=550px
- Karman Station added back into regular playlist rotation after many months away 🥂
- Karman Station performance and lighting optimizations on console
- Removed exploit of “portal ripping”
- Major CPU Optimizations on all Platforms
- Server & network optimizations
- Additional improvements that are super technical but help performance
- Fixed hitching when viewing shaders for the first time on PC
- Adding Instant kill volumes
- Adding Blocking volumes
- Added ability to Save Map As while inside of a game
- Adding UI to show object counts – global and individual – users total budget and current number used
- Added ability to delete objects while in build menu
- Added ability to generate thumbnails for created maps
- Shortened time required to delete an object
- Added option to disable auto save
- Added display coordinates of object user interacts with
- Fixed pillars and flags (different sizes with different colors)
ART & ANIMATIONS
- Added wind effect to show when you are moving at lethal speed (AKA one-hit melee kill)
- Changed EMP explosion effect and added an animation to portal walls when hit
- Ragdoll optimizations, because, like they’re dead so we don’t care about them as much as the ones still shooting at you
- Fixed animation issue with Maximus Jetpack
- Additional optimizations that are super technical but = improved performance
SPS FINALS WERE LIT
I’m too old to know what “lit” means, but I heard it on a Twitch stream a kid next to me on my flight was watching. If you haven’t been following the Splitgate Pro Series, you missed out on a pretty epic final weekend of matches. Buckle up for eight hours of fun right 👇https://cdn.embedly.com/widgets/media.html?src=https%3A%2F%2Fplayer.twitch.tv%2F%3Fvideo%3D1424666675%26muted%3Dtrue%26autoplay%3Dfalse%26parent%3Dcdn.embedly.com&display_name=Twitch.tv&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitch.tv%2Fvideos%2F1424666675&image=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic-cdn.jtvnw.net%2Fcf_vods%2Fd1m7jfoe9zdc1j%2F63512ba3e5bc0e208bb7_splitgate_45836508493_1647197375%2F%2Fthumb%2Fthumb0-640×360.jpg&key=96f1f04c5f4143bcb0f2e68c87d65feb&type=text%2Fhtml&schema=twitch
Congrats to Portal Demons who closed out the victory with a nail-biting 3-2 win over No Sleep. Seriously, I got no sleep watching the runner-up come back from 2-0 to almost turn the tide.
If you’re digging SPS or you want to dig it for the first time, a new season is coming. More details on that soon.
DROP IT LIKE IT’S PRIME
Are you or the person you wish you were a member of Amazon Prime? If so, you should know that we have partnered with Prime Gaming to deliver exclusive Splitgate content every month. The third drop is live now.
How do you get it? Pretty simple:
- Go to the Splitgate Prime Gaming Page
- Log into your Amazon Prime account
- Claim the latest drop and copy the code
- Launch Splitgate on PC, Xbox, or PlayStation
- In the Main Menu go to “Redeem DLC code”
- Enter code
- Find your new loot in your Locker
- Equip and look extra stylish
Did you know that every weekend there is a custom playlist that runs Friday-Sunday? During the week, you might notice this big dumb “?” in the menu. What goes there? The weekend playlist, of course. Sometimes this playlist can even include XP boosts.
So why do we have these special playlists?
- For fun!
- Sometimes we use it to test out combinations of game modes, modifiers, and maps to see if they work well and should be considered part of the normal rotation
- Couldn’t we all use something to look forward to each weekend?
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.