Nintendo has released Super Smash Bros Ultimate Update 10.1.0 today on December 22 to all supported platforms and we have the full list of patch notes with us. This is a major update that Nintendo has been teasing for a long time. And now have the complete patch notes to explore what has changed or added to this game.
This patch brings support for Mii Fighter costumes, something that was already announced back when the Sephiroth DLC was released on December 17. Moreover, this version includes Challenger Pack 8, new Mii Fighter costumes, and other game updates.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Update 10.1.0 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for Super Smash Bros Ultimate Update 10.1.0 from the English website of Nintendo. Earlier only a few details were available on the Japanese website.
- The following spirits will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu:
- Red XIII
- Cait Sith
- The Turks & Rufus Shinra
- Bahamut ZERO
- Chocobo & Moogle
- You can now switch between different artwork for Cloud’s spirit.
- The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
- Sephiroth Challenger Pack
- Barret’s Outfit
- Tifa’s Outfit
- Aerith’s Outfit
- Chocobo Hat
- Geno Hat + Outfit
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- You can now switch between “Random from all songs” and “Random from My Music” for the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield and Final Destination stages.
- To switch between options, access My Music via the Options or the Vault and then press the X Button.
- The Final Smash for Cloud’s P2, P4, P6, and P8 color variations has been changed to Omnislash Ver. 5. (This essentially functions the same as a regular Omnislash.)
- Game-balance adjustments have been made.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
|Fox||Forward Air Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Increased attack range of the first attack to fourth attack.
|Fox||Down Air Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Increased attack range.
|Luigi||Dash Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
|Zelda||Side Smash Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Increased final attack’s range.
|Pichu||Side Smash Attack||Increased final attack’s range.|
|Younk Link||Up Special||Made it easier to hit multiple times when using the move in the air.|
|Toon Link||Up Special||Made it easier to hit multiple times when using the move in the air.|
|Olimar||Up Special||After throwing a Pikmin with a side smash attack or side special, if there are other Pikmin nearby when using up special, an air attack using a Pikmin will occur.|
|Rosalina & Luma||Forward Air Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Decreased the attack range above the skirt’s hemline, and made it easier to continue with later attacks.
Increased final attack’s range.
|Mii Gunner||Up Throw||Adjusted launch angle.|
Increased attack range for the shot fired after the throw.
|Duck Hunt||Side Smash Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Decreased the time that an opponent can hitstun shuffle during the first and second attacks.
Let us know what you think of this update for the Super Smash Bros Ultimate? This above mentioned Update 10.1.0 applies to Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.