Curve Digital has just released the latest The Ascent September 3 Update and we have the full list of patch notes here for you. Patch #2 brings a long list of new performance tweaks for the PC players, as well as for Xbox players. Since there were several reports of bugs, the developers have addressed a number of new bugs and issues in the game.
You should be able to download and install this The Ascent September 3 Update right away. Everything you need to know regarding this Patch #2 has been covered in the full release notes below, right after the jump. We do not yet have the file size for this update, but it shouldn’t be too big.
The Ascent September 3 Update Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for The Ascent September 3 Update that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:
Performance (PC Steam & Win10)
· DX12 is now the default for all Players. Additional note: Please make sure you enable DX11 in the in-game Main Menu if you were previously playing with DX11 and/or want to continue doing so. After changing DX version, you will need to reboot the game for changes to be recognized.
· DX11 is now supported for Windows Store
· Improvements made to reduce stuttering and hitching, for DX11 and DX12. Please note more work will continue for future updates to improve performance for all players.
· Ray Tracing is set to default ‘off’ on all platforms. Additional note: For Nvidia card owners, if you are continuing to have performances issues with Ray Tracing enabled, please enable DLSS.
· Improved Hot Joining loading times on Steam & XB Family devices, more work will continue here for future updates
Stability (all platforms)
· Fixed a number of crashes in Single Player and Co-op. If you’re on Steam have a crash, please send the Unreal Crash report.
Save Progress (all platforms)
· Fixed a few instances where Weapon Skins could be lost
· Fixed a few instances where Character Shirts could be lost
· Fixed a few instances where Gear could be lost
· Fixed a few instances where Clients items could be unequipped when a Host disconnects inside a tier elevator
· Fixed a few instances where Clients could lose their save progress when fast travelling in certain circumstances
Gameplay (all platforms)
· Fixed the issue where sometimes a FullChrome wouldn’t spawn in ‘Mutual Dependencies’ (Mission 2). Please note that we are aware of remaining issues with multiple FullChromes not spawning and are working on a fix for this too.
· Fixed an issue where ‘Sell All Duplicates’ worked incorrectly
· Changed the frequency of Kira lines when civilians are killed (will now trigger less often)
Achievements (all platforms)
· Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Added Extras’
· Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Aficionado’
· Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Helping Hand’
· Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Win’
· Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Fair Trade’
Please note that we are working on a fix for the achievement “Comprehensive” and “For All Our Benefits”. All fixed achievements are and will be retro-compatible.
Translation (all platforms)
· Minor bug fixes in other languages
Please note that we are still working on improving the quality of the translation in all languages
Other Fixes (all platforms)
· Multiple reported minor collision issues have been fixed
The Ascent is now out for the Xbox players and the PC via Steam and Windows Store. For a list of other game changes and updates, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: Curve Digital