Team17 has just released The Survivalists Update 1.06 and we have the complete patch notes for you to read. The new update brings a brand new Survivalists Expedition event. It also includes new Quests, Trinkets, and a save Upgrade System.
The update is available globally on all supported platforms. You can take a look at the complete patch notes down below for more information.
The Survivalists Update 1.06 Patch Notes
Here are the complete patch notes for the update:
✔️ Save upgrade system
- It is now possible to level your player character via trinkets. There are 4 trinkets slots that can be earned that can be slotted with a variety of trinkets that can radically change gameplay.
- Trinkets such as burning damage, death bombs, infection, shields, tool damage and damage reduction and more!
- Trinkets have 4 unique tier slots so you can customise to your playstyle.
- Trinkets recipes are earned by performing objectives for the Taskmasters.
- A new trinket bench can be built to support this.
4 New TaskMasters
- There are 4 new taskmasters on islands beyond the starting one.
- These offer themed tasks which when completed offer ever increasing rewards most tied into the trinket system.
- More than 50 new challenges each with a unique reward.
- Taskmaster types are… Beastmaster, Collector, Gourmand, Salesman.
5 New Pets
- You can find an egg and if nurtured, gain a companion to keep you company.
- These have had an overhaul, they are now ‘gated’, you will need something to get into them.
- There are now many new resources inside that are required to support trinkets.
- There is now a bestiary in the journal that tracks animals and collectibles and also displays resources you might find on them.
- Now offer new rewards at the end. Have also been tweaked with regards to internal mobs.
- Can now be repaired on the repair bench and gained as rewards from taskmasters.
- 2 new animals, one of which is a ‘loot goblin’.
- Generation has been changed so that there are now more distinct islands, increasing in difficulty along with breadcrumbs to lead you in the right direction should you with.
- Start a new game with the new features and take your inventory, mysterious chest, unlocked blueprints and 5 monkey friends along with you for a headstart. This is required for the new features.
- Elite variations of existing animals, needed for some of the tasks.
Player initiated raids
- With the right item you can now summon elite variants to fight, earning rewards to hand in to the Taskmasters.
- Fulfilling objectives for the Taskmasters will reward you with items that can increase your inventory size.
- There are many new items to me found to support the new features.
- New harder Orclings can be now found, especially on Skull Island.
- Over 10 new collectibles to find and new items to craft to find them.
New items & resources
- New items, recipes and resources have been added to support new features.
- Mysterious tokens can sometimes be offered as a reward from the task masters.
New Token Shop
- Unlock via tasks the right to purchase powerful trinket recipes from the new Token Shop.
Bug fixes and improvements:
- Fixed an issue with crops where some had missing or incorrect shadows.
- Fixed an issue where some animation frames were missing on north facing attacks.
- Fixed an issue where the player silhouette was not appearing behind mountains.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to add multiple weapons to the repair bench causing those items to disappear.
- Fixed an issue where some items were not visible when placed on a wall.
- Fixed an issue where on a rare occasion Monkeys would disappear when returning from an online session.
- Fixed an issue where reward chests were sometimes indestructible.
- Fixed an issue with the Steam controller profile where the A button was incorrectly being set as the B button.
- More save corruption fixes.
- General bug fixes and improvements.Thanks for reading and we’re excited for console players to explore these new features!
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.